Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Introduction: What Do I Believe?

I received my next journaling assignment for the week. The question for the next seven days, What Do You Believe? I have to list at least 10 of the beliefs that I have about life, human nature, work, money, friendship, marriage, relationships, parenting, happiness, and religion.

I've been thinking about this assignment. I was trying to figure out a way to journal about these topics. I decided to group them in to two topics. I think it will work out. This journal entry is my introduction; What Do I Believe?

Have you ever wondered why you believe what you believe? Our mind set or beliefs have to come from somewhere. But where? At times, I wonder, why I believe the things I do. 

Our beliefs system comes from a variety of sources. What our parents or guardians taught us. What we learned during our schooling years throughout life. What influences we had or have with our friends and our enemies. The environment were we are located affects our belief. What we have experienced in our life can interact with what we believe.

We all have some source of belief system to work from. There are some of our beliefs that work well for us. Then there are those we have abandon. We have negative experiences that come in our lives. So, we have choices to make; to believe things or not?

What we believe is a choice on our own behave. Whether we are right or wrong, is based on our opinion. What's there to prove? If you're right and I'm wrong. It all boils down to how we believe.

Who wins or loses? That's not the point. It's what we take value in in our morals and believe. We can later in life find out what we believe wasn't the true. Or maybe what we that was the true was a lie. 

I will share What Do I Believe About Life and Human Nature? Those are interesting topics. Wonder how I can do this? I have to do some thinking. What is LIFE? What is Human Nature?

I figure to take two topics, once a day for five days. Then conclude on Monday with my final thoughts on this assignment.

Introduction: What Do I Believe?Continues on next journal entry.
Thanks for reading!

Staying On The Journey,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...