Saturday, January 22, 2011

Where Would I Rather Be Right Now? Hmm!

Another day to imagine; Where Would I Rather Be Right Now? Hmm! I know we can't be in two places at once. That would be nice if we could.

We have to do what we need to do in life, when the time comes. But when two events come on the same day and at same time, we have to choose which one to attend. We can't be in two places at the same time.

I was searching for a notebook today. I can across some of my journals. I started to read those old journal notes on my family history. However I had to stop. I had to do other things. I can get caught up in what I wrote back in the days.

The joy of reading what was written back in the days.  That was worth reading. It makes me wonder, why didn't I write more? Why did I stop writing?

It's like reading as story. I got into what I wrote. I wonder! I'm so glad that I wrote what I did. I can see some things that I've forgotten about.

I see that I can add more to my family tree now. Those loose ends that I looked over during my search. The missing link to the story.

I don't know why I started to write down what my parents told me. Maybe, I was interested in what they had to say. Now I can pass down what I was told for future generations.

I wish, I could go back during the time that I wrote those notes. That would be something. I would have asked more questions. How interesting this would be.

Yet, I'm happy for what I wrote. I see what I wrote brings new light into what I've discovered along the journey. I am happy to have discovered what I have over the years.

A person's family history can be rich in its making. It's in the way that each person see their family history. Why they think is worth wild to share.

May we look back over some of the things we wrote about in the past. May we discover new things for today. May we be caught up in the now by seeing some of what happened in our past. May this bring insight for today. Amen!

Thanking for reading.
Where Would I Rather Be Right Now? Hmm!
Staying On The Journaling Journey,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...