Monday, January 3, 2011

What Went Wrong? How Was This A Gift?

What went wrong? Was this a gift? I've been thinking about this assignment. Here's one of the situations that I would like to share.

I'm a volunteer greeter at the church where I worship. I try to be friendly to people. Here are two situations that I have experienced.

An elderly lady...
One day this lady spoken to me. She said that she had me wrong.  I didn't know what she was saying. She said she thought I was stuck up. I didn't speak her.

She said as she got to know me more, she saw the beauty that was in me. This beauty that's she was referring to is the beauty of the LORD.

What I learned from this experience was that we shouldn't judge people by what they do or say. But the inward beauty that reveals the real you. We aren't perfect. We can let our mind to the best to us.

But we should judge others by the way we think. We should have mercy on others. We should see some common ground.

An elderly man...
One Friday night I saw a friend and I was walking to her way. I was interrupted by an elderly man. He introduce himself to me. I said hi.

I felt strange by this man's reactions. It threw me off. Thank God I had made my way to my friend who I wanted to see.

Sunday morning came around.  I was greeting. That elder man was back. He was acting the same way he was on Friday. He was too friendly with me.

After the service he continue to speak with me out the way out the door. I was trying to be nice. There was something there I did approve of this guy. It was a though he was "hitting" on me.

Friday came again... He acted the same way. I was about to lose my composure. I didn't know what to do. I was helping another elderly friend in to the service.

I had to tell a another friend about this guy. She saw the same thing I did. So she told a man friend to talk with this guy.

I told my friend that pretty soon that guy will be trying to sat in the same pew I was. I don't know to do. It's like: What did I do?

My friend notice that this guy was too friends. So she told a guy friend to talk with this guy. The next time I saw the guy he had a different tune. He seem to have back off.

This situation with on for about two weekends. This guy finally left and never returned. I don't know what this guy's intention was. It appeared that he came to church for another reason.

There were other situations that I came across. Each one the person left and I haven't seen them since. I don't know.

I've learned a great deal about people through greeting. I tend to know when to leave people alone. Or to bring some encouragement to them.

I tend to speak more to woman. Not much to man without their wife being there with them. As for single guys. I have learned my lesson....Lord guide me on the way I should go.

May we change our attitude about the things that we do. May we consider others. May we not over step our boundaries with others.

What Went Wrong? How Was This A Gift?
Conclusion on assignment # 8
Moving on to # 9
Thanks for reading.
I hope it made some sense.

Staying On The Journey,Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...