Thursday, January 13, 2011

What Isn't Working When Friendship/ Relationships Seem Like A One Way Street?

I've been thinking about some of my friendships / relationships. Which friendships are lasting? Which ones are there but not there? Which ones to be just friends at a distant?

I have friends who communicate. There's feedback from time to time. Then there are some friends who speak only if they want something. Some speak when I speak to them. Than there are some if I'm in their path way. So they might say a few words.

I have been holding back on some of my friendships. The ones when I'm doing most of the communicating. It's like a one way street. We're going the same direct but there's only contact when one says something. It's rare when the other friends speak.

That least on a two way street, I can see when my friends are coming and where there headed. Friends have some kind of concern for one another. Like how are you really doing? Not as quickie response spoken as a routine way to talk to some one and go about their way.

Last year, I left some things behind. One of them was some friends that are on that one way street. There's nothing to pursuit. There seems to be no interest in being only but friends.
It's not healthy to keep doing things that's not helping out. It gets tiresome. There's frustration that builds up over a period of times. What's left to do? We can't beg people to be our friends.

What do we do when we see a friend having a conversation with another person? Do we look on wondering why they don't speak to me? Or should we forgive them and pray for them? Look away and go about your way?

I've been looking more at the friendships that are lasting.  That's being around friends where I can be myself. The friends who are there. The ones who know me. The ones who don't shut me out. Or pushed away so to speak.

I know we can't be friends with every one. Be we can be friendly. I will need wisdom in choosing who to be friends with. Friends stick together. They are there. They let you know that they are there.

May we have healthy friendships/relationships. May we not be offended by people when they speak to others and not you. May God help us to be good friends with the people who are TRULY in our lives. May we be good friends to our friends. Amen!

Thanks for reading!
What Isn't Working When Friendships/ Relationships Seem Like A One Way Street?
Assignment continues on my next entry.
Staying On The Journey,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...