Monday, February 21, 2011

Promise Keeper To Myself

What promises I keep for myself on this week's assignment? I think I did OK. I will admit that there were times I didn't met a few of my goals. I wasn't hard on myself.

After reading my assignment for the first time, I had  ideas what to do before I started journaling. One of them was to my journal assignments early. I shouldn't have to wait till the end of the day to journal.

I see when I keep my promises to myself, I feel GOOD. I see that I have accomplished what I said that I would do. I can do things when I set my mind in doing so.

When I don't do what I said that I was going to do, I have a feeling of not making my mark. It's like I run out of time. I need to stop doing that.

It's important to keep my own promises to myself. It's a good thing to have. Even with keeping my word with others. Keeping promises are important.

I set out on the first day after I read this assignment to do those promises. Each entry I shared one of my promises for the week. Here are those promises.

Doing my assignment earlier in the day
Sorting my mail the day them come in
Searching for my family history more
Letting some matters go
Taking naps or taking breaks through the day
Getting to bed on time and waking up at a set time
Keeping promises

May we have a good attitude in doing what we say.
May the Spirit of the LORD guide us in keeping our vows.
Amen!

Thanks for reading.Promise Keeper Myself
Staying On The Journey,
Susan

P.S. Here are my answers to the over all assignment.


What does it mean about me, when I keep my promises?To me this means that I'm going to do what I said. I have that mind set on keeping my promises. If I don't I will make some excuses in why I didn't do what I said that I was going to do.

What does it mean about me, when I do not keep my promises?To me this means that what I plan on doing wasn't that important to me. I didn't really want to do that.

Why it's important to me?Things that matter should have some importance to me. The promises are what's ask of me should have some value in if I will do it. 

How it makes me feel to keep the promise I made to myself ? I feel great when I keep my promise. It speaks of me when I keep my word. There is an accomplishment made on my behalf.


What do I want to be seeing about myself with respect to my promises?
I want to show that I'm trustworthy. It states that there is a care when keeping promises. In seeing myself doing for myself speaks that I value myself.


Do I want to make a change?
Yes! I see when I don't keep my promises, it speaks of me. I want to change how I feel in doing things. I should take on what I can promises. It's not saying things that I know that I cannot do.


Do I want more of the same?

I should want more to change...If I keep things the same, I might get bored. It's good to do different things from time to time. Still in time things change. We have to go with new things that come along.

Do I want less of what I am currently seeing?What am I seeing? I see at times we don't keep promises. It depends on what the issue is. In time things change. In the current moment things can be changed. I have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...