Saturday, February 12, 2011

Giving And Receiving

I was watching Vanessa Williams family history journey on "How Do You Think You Are?" It was interesting....As I watched on I gave attention to what she experienced.

I had ideas come to me, while I was watching Vanessa's journey. I received more insight about black history. How what our ancestors did, reflects their generations. Some one stared somethings.

I see that the descendants has a story as well. We are making history too. We look back on what has happened and move on from there.

I see the value in who I am through my ancestors. What the didn't have. How they lived... was far move than I can imagine. It was harder for them because of the time that they were in.

Giving And Receiving: I was giving my time and interest to hear another person's journey on their family history. In returned of Receiving, I gain more on how I can have encouragement to search for my ancestor in a new way.

I had a very good feeling in hearing how others search their family history. There is value in searching for ancestors. We should have an idea in where our family members came from. What they did and how they made their mark in history.

This better the next generation. This gives hope for the future. We all want future generations to be better off then we were. That's a challenge to discover.

May we learn to take time to take note of what others do. May we be inspire. May we see the beauty in receiving from others. Amen.

Thanks for reading.
Giving And Receiving,
Staying On The Journey,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...