Sunday, February 13, 2011

Giving As A Gift Not Just To Receive In Return: But Giving And Receiving

It is better to give than to receive. We have to learn to be givers and receivers. We can be poor givers and lousy receivers. We have to have at good attitude in being a giver and being a receiver.

I was greeting in church this morning. I was at my post waiting for the people to come. As I was watching and waiting, I was giving of myself to make the people feel welcomed as they come to gather to church.

I'm blessed by greeting the people. I notice things as I am standing. It's such joy seeing the little children. What they do!! I receive joy in the watching.

I give of my time and a witness as I'm waiting. My rewards are from God. It's not a job but a ministry that I do each week. I receive many blessings as I greet the people.

There are some who give me things in return. I was blessed by seeing a couple coming in the doors. I don't see them much during the winter months. I saw them coming this morning.

I made my way to them. They has a smile on their faces. I was happy to seem them. In return, I received a gift from them. It was a small magnet heart. I received with honor. I believe that they are sincere people. The joy that I see on their faces...

Even the smallest gift is worth it. The gift of a heart, a warm smile, a hug...words can't express. I was blessing in receiving those gifts.

We all have a heart for things. The giving of ourselves is a gift in itself. There so much to offer others.

May we learn to be givers as well as receivers. May we see that giving and receiving works both ways. May we not just be good receivers but good givers. May the LORD lay things on our hearts to be a blessings to others. Amen.

Thanks for reading.Giving As A Gift Not Just To Receive In Return: But Giving And Receiving
It works both ways

Happy Valentine's Day!Staying On The Journey,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...