Saturday, April 30, 2011

Volunteer As A Greeter

Each week I'm greeter a the place where I worship. I see this time as a worthy cause.  It's an honor to welcome and show them some respect.

I feel good while I'm watching the people come in to the house of the LORD. I think that the Father is pleased to see His children and people coming in. It brings joy to me.

I'm empowered to smile and greet the people. I try to be tender to people's needs. I see that come need a smile. There are some who need hugs. Also I stretch my hand out for a warm handshake.

There are times when I'm tried. Indeed there are times I feel energized. The joy of seeing people can bring some excitement. For example on Easter Sunday. There were a lot of people who came. I was overwhelmed by who came.

I express a positive attitude while I'm greeting. I feel that we shouldn't share some of my personal issues when greeting. There are some who share theirs. I try to encourage them.

I see and meet other volunteers who may be like-minded and like-valued that I can add to your inner support network. We as greeter and other volunteers are example to others in our world. We can set the standard for those around us.

I look forward in greeting when I can. There are times when I don't feel like it. I greet any way. I feel encourage by others who come and greet me.  You know that greeting  works both ways.

May we have the joy to do volunteer work. May we be examples. May the LORD sent people in our midst so we can bring healing to them. May the LORD bless all the volunteers as the work with the joy of the LORD. Amen!

Thanks for reading.
Volunteer As A Greeter
Staying On The Journey,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...