Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Assignment # 22: Lift Someone Up

Here's what's on the assignment: "Lift someone up"

Something really amazing happens when we stop focusing on ourselves and shift our focus, attention and energy towards other people. Fear, anxiety, and stress all seem to disappear.

Why? Because our attention becomes focused on contribution and giving rather than on absence and need. When we're in "absence" mode, many times our thoughts turn to scarcity as we take inventory of what we do or don't have in our possession.

So each day this week you'll lift someone up.
You can do this in many different ways: a genuine complement; lend your ear and listen to some one's challenges and then get them focusing on what's working in their life; pay some one's electric bill; pay for the car behind you when you go through a toll booth; tell someone how good their work is or how nice their hair is. Notice how this feels and journal about each moment.

Some of my thoughts:This is a good assignment to do always. We are to lift up and encourage one another. We can tend to dwell on ourselves a lot. What about me "attitude."

When I see myself thinking of others, I can get my mind off of me. I have to get my issues out of the way So I can focus on others.

Here were some things that I did today.I wished other a good day as I ended our phone conversation.

May we learn to lift one another up more. May we see that there is good in giving others attention. May we not be me centered all the time. May we love ourselves in a godly way. May we be encouragers along the journey of life. Amen!

Thanks for reading.Lift Someone Up
Staying On The Journey,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...