Sunday, June 1, 2014

Some Thoughts About Singing Songs

Note: Thursday, 29 January 2009

  • Some Thoughts About Singing Songs

    I have been trying to learn a new song called "The Power Of Your Name." The first time I heard this song was in church. It takes me a while to learn songs. I have to hear and hear while trying to catch on. I thank God that I can remember things.

    I have noticed that if we have to read from the big screen, how are we suppose to truly worship? Perhaps that why some don't enter into worship. I find it hard to read and truly worship at the same time.

    I try to get the words down the best way that I know how. Once I have done that, I can be a part of what we are singing. We are to worship God in spirit and truth.

    If we just read the words from the big screen, we are just repeating what the words are. We have to believe in what we are saying. There is a big different when we do this.

    We are in spiritual warfare when we are singing too. It's a great battle that we are in. We are not just singing alone with the tune. The spoken word is very powerful tool to use.

    On another note:There are times, I can't hear the words to the songs. I don't let that stop me from worshiping God. I may not know the words to the songs, but I can make words up as the songs is playing. God sees the heart in what we do. Our action speaks.

    May we learn to sing with meaning when we worship God. May God help us to worship Him. May we worship God in Spirit and truth.

    On My Journey Of Transformation:Thoughts About Singing Songs
    ~Susan~

    Give unto the LORD the glory due to His name: Worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness. Psalm 29:2

    Words of wisdom Proverbs 29:25
    The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in the LORD shall be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...