Friday, June 27, 2014

First Job

Friday, 29 June 2012

  • First Job

    My first job was detassling corn.
    I was in my 2nd year of high school.
    I wanted to earn some extra money for the Summer.

    I had to go to a farm early in the morning to Oregon, MO.
    There was a man who took us in his truck.
    About 4 of my brothers and some other guys went.

    We had to stand on a tracker and destassle the corn as we went by.
    It was hard a first.
    But by the three day my hands were hurting.
    I didn't know if I could complete the rest of the days work.
    But I did.

    It was a learning experience.
    I had to get up early and work in the fields.
    It was different.
    I never detassled corn after that Summer.
    I was glad that I had the opportunity to do it.

    Thanks for reading.
    Have A Great Weekend!
    Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...