Friday, February 21, 2014

Reflections: On The Passover

Thursday, 21 February 2008

  • Reflections: On The Passover

    As I read the accounts of The Passover according to Matthew 26:17-25, Mark 14:12-21, Luke 22: 7-13 and John 13:1-30, I though about some things. Things that opened up my thinking.

    On my journey of transformation:
    I don't know about you but when there is a name in the Bible, it gives me more meaning. Each person named in the Bible was a real human being. They were alive on the earth at some point.

    These people in the Bible were a part of events in scriptures. Some were people of God helping to fulfill what the was said to come to pass.... So that God's will would be done.
    In Matthew's and Mark's accounts: 

  • I thought about if I would betray someone or some one betrays me. I would be troubled by that. I don't know what I am capable of when the tough gets going. Or if I am in a life and death situation. I am not "Susie Super Christian."

    A demon would have to enter me to change my thinking about betraying someone. What a horrible thought. A faithful friend turning on one another. LORD, helps us in times such as this. 

    In Luke's account:I had a thought about how things come into being. I mean, Jesus spoke to His disciples details of things to come. Then when the disciples walked out what Jesus spoke to them about, they saw what He said. Jesus' words sticks.

    It is like when speaking FAITH words and walking out what was spoken. How things that are said coming to pass in that appointed time. I get so happy when I see the good words that I speak come to pass. Words carry weight.

    In John's account:
    I had thoughts about how details make a difference in a story. I know that John had time to reflect on what happened during the Passover meal. He took time to think and wrote what he remember about that time.

    What John did was more than speak of a supper. It was something that was unfolding for others to think about. How our LORD shared a meal and became servant to His disciples in the time He knew His time was drawing near to the cross to display His love for humanity.

    Some of my thoughts:
    I though about blogging. We have time to write what we want. There are times we just jot down things. Then there are times that we can reflect on some things. We can put ourselves into what we are doing.

    That's what I do at times when I am reflecting on some things that I blog about . I try to think about what going to share. Then ponder....What do I say  I want to share? And how should I write about it?

    It is not all about what I share at times. Some things I want you to think. Other times I want you to be encouraged. There is more to reading blogs then to get information.

    When I read blogs, I try to get what it means to me. Or what is God speaking to me about so that I try to apply it to my life.

    May we do more than just blog. May there be a word from the Lord as we read. May our God be our guide through our journey to the cross that we carry day by day. Amen.

    From my Book of Remembrance:
    Father God, I thank You that You inspire us to write what is on our hearts as we blog. I thank You for the LOVE that You put into us who love to blog. I thank You that we can reflect on things and learn from them.

    I thank You for the Door of HOPE that brings DELIVERANCE to the people in bondage. I thank You for FAITH that is there in due time. I thank You for the STRENGTH for another day in Jesus' name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...