Friday, February 14, 2014

Reflections: The Triumphal Entry

Wednesday, 13 February 2008

  • Reflections: The Triumphal Entry

    On my journey of transformation
    Reflections on The Triumphal Entry according to St. Matthew, St. Mark, St. Luke and St. John. Each one gave me something to ponder as I read their account of Jesus' Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem. Whatever writing style or how they gathered their information about this event, these men of God gave me a glimpse of Jesus' Triumphal Entry.

    These men recorded that entry so it could be told. This account of Jesus' life was recorded for a purpose. I thank God for that purpose. 

    Some of my reflections:
    As I was reading the apostles accounts of Jesus going to Jerusalem, I recalled some of my journey to the city of Jerusalem. I was on my journey of a lifetime back in 1998. Our group was coming from the Jordan River headed toward Jerusalem.

    I was so excited about going to Jerusalem. I was standing on Romans 15:25: "But now I am going to Jerusalem" for 18 months. My focus was on Jerusalem.

    As the time and day came, I woke up early that morning about the 4 a.m hour. When the time drew near to that appointed time, the sun was going down. We were riding in a bus. I was looking out the window. There was praise and worship music was playing.

    As we drew nearer to the City, I began to weep. I could not stop. As we were going up the Jerusalem, I cried even the more.  And I cried as we got into the city. I looked at the wall of the Old City. I cried like a baby. I could not control myself. 

    I asked God to help me stop crying. I did not know what was happening to me. I did get a hold of myself as we got to the hotel.

    It was not until I came across the account of St. Luke something clicked inside of me about that day as I was going to Jerusalem. Why I cried on the way to Jerusalem made some kind of sense. I saw prophecy come to pass on November 19, 1998. It was joy unspeakable.

    I held onto those 5 words that came to live on April 8, 1997 during the 8 a.m hour. "...I am going to Jerusalem." Romans 15:25  I believed those words as I read them. That was how real it was.

    For the next 18 months that was my focus as I prepared for the journey. I was led to do something as I prepared for my journey. I made a journal from the Itinerary. I looked up scriptures to the places and events from the Bible and wrote them in my journal.

    Prayed over and read over them as I came closer to the departure day. I did not listen to the news nor read the paper of overseas happenings. [I had already been on Israel time a week before we left.  I had two watches.  I did the same as I returned...a few days before on home time.]   I knew going to Israel would be a very big challenge for me. I never been in an airplane before.There would be 6 planes: three over and three back. I never been out of the country.  The farthest east I have been was St. Louis.

    As for eating, I am picky when it comes to food. The biggest question I had then. How am I going to pay for the trip? I could not afford the going to ISRAEL. I heard that there would be a lot of walking.  Walking ... my feet hurts when I walk a long time.

    I had my eyes on Jerusalem. I began to prepare to make the journey of a lifetime. I thank God that I had the opportunity to go to Israel. It was well worth the journey.

    I would like to share one more thing.
     he day before I was making my last doings before my departure, I was on the passenger side of my sister's van at Mc D's.  A lady walking recognized me...She came up to my window...Some how Israel came up in the conversation.

    She tried to took me out of going. What words that came out of my mouth...." I was called to go to Israel".  From that time I felt something move in the spirit realm. It was after that what I said some things seem to fall into place.
    I had no fear about the trip. I never been on an airplane. I worried about how was I going to pay for the trip. All of this was taking care for as I made plans. My plan was to have my trip paid for before I got on the airplane.

    My trip was paid for before I got on the plane. All I had to do was to go and enjoy myself. I even had $300.00 left from my trip.
    From that time on blessings came my way.  I received more money from family and friends. I had a lot of peace about doing a lot of things I have never done before. This was God. I made all the preparation that I could do. 

    Now it was up to me to walk out what I plan to do.  I recall on the plane the person beside me ask me what I was reading. I was reading my journal.  I told her that I was going through what I have already been through on this journey what we are about to adventure.

    Every time when I take this spiritual journey through the Gospels of Matthew Mark , Luke and John or places where I have been in Israel the stories that I read come alive. O the joy that comes. Thank You, Holy Spirit.

    Next scripture reading post some time during the evening on Monday, February 11: Cleaning of the Temple according to Matthew 21:12-17 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...