Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Reflections: On The LORD's Supper

Monday, 25 February 2008

  • Reflections: On The LORD's Supper

    As I read  the Lord's Supper according to  Matthew 26:26-30 , Mark 14:22-25. and Luke 22:14-30 , I was thinking about some things what was going on during the Lord's Supper

    On my journey of transformation:
    Since this Holy Week Mediation Scriptures was on the Lord's Supper, I read and meditated on these scriptures in the Upper Room. I found it very interesting to do that. Also I took communion while I was there.

    As for the Scriptures, Luke wrote that Jesus was longing for this Passover meal with His disciples. He knew that His time of suffering was nearing. As for this supper with the 12, I think that the LORD was giving of Himself during this meal. He served those who followed Him during His ministry at night.

    In Matthew's account:
    I was thinking... how communion with bread and wine was taken. Its in remembrance of what Jesus did for us on the cross and the blood covenant. I noted that they were close. They broke the bread and handed to one another. As for the "wine", they drunk from the same cup.

    In Mark's account:
    I was thinking...about the bread as the Body of Jesus. We can bring remembrance of Jesus by "touching" Him as we are in communion. The drinking of the juice; this sealed the new covenant between God and His people. What tangible elements that we can used to have a faith contact with the Lord.

    In Luke's account:I was thinking even more... I wonder if there was a lot of talking there. The interaction between the disciples.... The disciples wondered about the betrayer and argued who would be the greatest in the kingdom.  I could only imagine how Jesus felt and how the disciples were thinking how the Kingdom was coming soon. Jesus mentioned that He was longing for this Passover meal. He told His disciples that He was going to SUFFER and DIE. Did the disciple understand what Jesus was saying?

    I wonder if there were more than 13 people at the Lord's Supper. There had to have been the people who prepared the meal for them around. The person who owned the place where they stayed. What hymn did they sing anyway? 

    More of my thoughts:
    I can reflect back when I was in Israel. I had the honor of being in the Upper Room in Israel. It is not THE Upper Room that Jesus and His disciples were in. I think that the original one is under ground. We cannot get to it.scan0001

    There was one thing that I thought about today. We did not take communion in the Upper Room while we were there in Israel. It would have been something if we had the chance.

    After mediating on the Lord's Supper  according to Matthew, Mark and Luke, I have a better understanding of what communion is about. Each time I take communion, I am more focus on Jesus. I believe that the table of communion is an important part of my journey with Jesus.

    On Sunday the 24th of February, I decided to take communion between services. Pastor Tyress B. led us. By the way  Communion is held in Word of Life Church's Upper Room.
    I want to share something about this  while I was there.

    The ushers were handing out the crackers and cups juice. I was waiting to receive mine. I received the juice first. I thought that that was odd. Then I had to wait a few minutes to receive the cracker. This has never happen like this before.

    Yes, I thought about the cup first then the bread as Luke mentioned. I think that there was something into what Jesus did with the cup and bread as Luke mentioned this twice.  Perhaps there was something there that is of importance.     

    I love being in the Upper Room. I was in the Upper Room this morning. I was thinking about THE UPPER ROOM were Jesus and His disciples were. I can only imagine what it was like.

    The Upper Room where I go, I see this "Thin Place" as a place to do business with God. As I left the Upper Room this morning, I thought about the place where I was, The Upper Room. I looked around, smiled and thanked God for the Upper Room.
    From my book of Remembrance:
    Heavenly Father, I am so thankful that You prepare a table for us to come to. I am so blessed that I can come to the table of blessings as often as I want. I am so thankful for the FAITH that I have in Jesus.

    I am so blessed to know that there is a Door of Hope that brings HEALING to those who are afflicted. I am so thankful to have the LOVE of God that is surrounding those in need of love. I am so blessed to have the STRENGTH that comes from the joy of knowing in Jesus' name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...