Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Monitor Your Mood

I have completed the 52 journaling assignments. I guess that's it?  Do we start all over with assignment #1  with Year 2 or Choose a topic when I journal?  

Assignment # 1 Monitor Your Mood via YOU Journaling.
"This is the beginning of your All About Life Journaling experience - unless you've been with us more then a year. For those of you who have been, each year your assignments will re-cycle and you can us them as a way to look at your growth over the past year.

This is the week where you begin to take notice of the existing state of your mind, your body, your emotional state. This is where you really begin looking at you.

Each day this week it is your mission to pay attention to your mood, your emotional state, your level of happiness and your general disposition. Your goal is to identify the mood or emotion that is present as you are journaling and capture it with as much description as possible.

Identify the things, events and conversations that trigger your mood. You may choose to journal several times a day, and you may notice that your mood may change many times throughout the day.

Take the time to write how your mood is expressed or displayed in your actions, your body language, and by the response by others.

Here is an example: I am frustrated today. I am agitated and restless. I can't seem to sit still. I feel nervous and people bug me. I am hungry and can't seem to find the ice cream I like - I have to settle for butterscotch when what I really want is double chocolate fudge.

I feel like a mouse running aimlessly on a mouse sized Ferris wheel. People are so impatient - they cut me off while I am driving and show no respect. My friend Maria thinks I need a vacation - maybe I do.

This is the baseline activity of all your journaling and is by far the most significant. Your feelings are an indicator of your thoughts.

If you are not happy with your mood, you can learn to choose different thoughts to create a better mood. You can also learn that learning how to process your emotions properly will lead to a more consistent sense of joy and happiness.

Really take the time to notice how your mood and feelings - the state of you - affects the way you spend your day, the things you do, your reactions to others, or to situations.

What if you were able to actually have tools to make changes and make them permanent? What would that be like?"

Some Of My Thoughts:
So far I'm feeling pretty good.
I'm not as tried as I was yesterday.
I have more energy.
I felt like journaling.

It's cold an rainy outside.
I feel warm on the inside.
I'm having a good day.
Hoping all are too.

May we not live off of our feelings.
If your down and out, may the comfort of God be with you.
Be encourage the God loves you.

Stay On The Journey,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...