Sunday, June 26, 2011

Life As A School: Being A Gardener

There are situations in life that we experiences. Those things can add to our knowledge base. We learn as we go through trials and test in our every day living. It's how we react that makes a difference.
How we respond to life will differ with each person. Our attitude can be shaped by what we go through. It could be for the good or for the bad. In the process we grow.

In some cases we can turn bad situations around. It's our attitude that can change the atmosphere. When some things don't go our way, we can get bent out of shape.

But we need to remember that we have a choose to make.  Our choices may make can be the changes we need or the things that we need to see. We should look for good in things.

I can see that being negative doesn't add to the issue at had. It can cause more problems than good. We can learn the gift of life that's there by what we experience. We hope
that it's good in life that there.

Here's one example I thought about keeping up a garden... The Negative side of keeping up a garden. First the ground had to be plowed, the plants or seeds planted. Than comes the hard part....maintenance of the garden as things are needed....

The weeds that are growing, the bugs that surrounds, wonder why the plants not growing as the should, getting dirty, out in the heat, don't feel like getting the weeds out of the garden, needing to get the hose out to water the garden than put the hose back up.

How can I see This NEW PICTURE? Keeping up a garden...
The good feeling that I can see. is the out come of what work was needed to keep the garden up. The harvest that will come from the garden. The savings from not having to
buy the veggies at the store. The feeling of growing and appreciating of being apart of some thing that took time to do.

LEARNING GIFTS
I've learned to be consistence with what I had to do.
I've found it to be a task in which I choose to do.
I've connected with the great outdoors.
I've learn to care for the needs of the veggies.
I've learned in the long run, I can see the end of what I've started.
I've learned the good in keeping with the garden was a purpose.

Life is a school. We learn about life as we experience the issues of life that come. We learn what is right. We learn what is wrong. We grow in the process of going through things in our lives.

In the long run, it's good to have a garden. Throughout it all... the veggies are homegrown. They taste good. What a great salad that we can have during the Summer months.

I have grown to appreciate having a garden every year. This is our third one. Our last year garden wasn't the best. The first one was good harvest.
I was determine to keep the weeds out this year. I kept at it. I reminded myself to look at the garden every time I went outside. I would say our garden looks good. We have a good garden.

This brought a good feeling inside of me. I saw that our garden was growing. I was so excited when I saw some of the veggies. I see that what I was doing was working.
I see that it takes time to maintain a garden. In the long run. it's all worth the time in the making. All the time spend in the garden lead to producing a harvest. A harvest much more than I though would come.

Life is a journey. And on this journey, Life is a school. In this school, we learn about life. It's good to have some one to help and guide us along our journey.
I'm so grateful that the Holy Spirit is with me on my journey. Life is a challenge. I'm thankful  in times of struggle, I have some one to call upon. I thank God for hearing me.

May we learn in life that life is a school. May we see that every thing in our life, things can get better. May we have hope to believe that we can get through the storms in our lives. May we not grow weary in doing good. May we see the end of what we started. Amen!

Thanks for reading. Life As A School: Being A Gardener
Staying On The Journey,
Susan

P.S.

Our lives are like gardens. We have to keep ourselves up. We grow as we are watered and seasoned. We have to get the weeds out of our hearts and thinking. Life is a school. That school is for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...