Saturday, April 28, 2018

Cemetery #52Ancestors 52 Weeks Robert and Charlotta (DADE) Lankfard's Tombstone

During the 1990's, I was walking around Ashland cemetery in St. Joseph, Missouri. I was searching for my ancestors. I'm thankful that I came across some of my relatives resting place. Also, I was glad I had a camera with me.

As I looked at this tombstone above, what strike me was the spelling of the surname of LANKFARD! Wow! I was taught that the family surname was LANKFORD. There have been times that isn't was spelled LANGORD. It's a mystery about the original spelling.

Through the years, my Great Grandparents' tombstone has skunked into the ground. It's looks like it's in a hole. I've searched for other markers. Some I can't locate. It's sad.

I'm thankful that I captured some of the places where some of my relatives were buried. I can only image how back in the days. When generations after generations came to visit the place of our loved ones' resting place.

May we keep the memories of our relatives alive in our hearts.
May we take notes of our family history and pass it down for future generations.
May the LORD rise up family members to keep the family connections going.
Amen!

Family Connections Note:
Robert Louis and Charlotta (DADE) LANKFORD / LANKFARD were once the in laws of Hattie McDaniel. Hattie was also known as Mrs.  Nymadula "Nym"  LANKFORD.

Thanks for reading.
God bless you.
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...