Sunday, November 12, 2017

On The Journey Way Into Discipleship

The 2nd Sunday of November was a great day! I awaken early as normal. This has been becoming a habit. I'm over the daylight-saving time change.

The weather has been changing. Brrr! The beautiful leaves are falling like crazy. Yes, there's something about Sunday morning. And I shall rejoice and be glad in it.

I made the most of this Lord's day as I gathered with the church.
I look for the beauty that surrounds me as I went about my way. I notice that I don't sing or pray as much as I'm coming into the place of worship. Nor as I was walking to place my Bible down where I sat.  I'm running into people along the way.

I noticed that I've started an habit of looking around to see what I can see. There are more people at the gathering earlier. I noticed as I was greeting, there were people coming in groups. I was lost in the crowd.

We continue to celebrate 36th years as a church.  There were people who weren't there last week to fill our information for the church. And so There were still donuts in the foyer. 

I filled out my info last week. And yes, them donuts are a a great temptation. People greeted me with a donut in their hand. That more than enough. LoL ( I did get a donut as I was passing by on the way out the door. )

As a Greeter:
When it's time for me to greet for the month, I gather in the sanctuary late. Today, I didn't make it the gathering until about 10 after. I was able to join in at the tail end of a song. And hear the scripture reading for the week. Matthew 25: 1- 13. At least, I had about 15 minutes before we heard the announcements and into the message and communion. It's all worship too.

The Message:
The Crux  of Discipleship. by Pastor Brian Zahnd.
We came to the Table of the LORD.
And we were dismissed with a blessing spoken over us.

May we continue to press onward on the journey.
May we see the beauty that surrounds us as we go wherever we go.
Amen!

Thanks for reading.
God Bless you.
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...