Friday, October 27, 2017

Who Are You? Beloved of God

There was a storm overnight. I heard the thundering as the lighting lite up the room. Oh, what a night and morning we endured!

Praise God! I awaken on Sunday, October 22, 2017 on time.  I took my time. It was dark outside at 7:20 am. I went to the door and took my selfies, then I was off to do the rest of my morning dos.

The Sunday Morning  Gathering: I made my way into the building, singing as I'm accustom to.   I spoke to a few people, the workers in the church. I made my way into the sanctuary.  I prayed as I entered in. There were a few church workers there too.

I place my Bible on the pew and made my way back into the foyer praying. I spoke to more people as I was making my way to the place where I pray. I continued to look around as I went about.

Before the 10 am gathering:
I spoke with more friends. I enjoyed seeing them. As the service started we made our confessions. We began to sing, hear scripture reading and so forth in worshipping God.

The Message by Pastor Derek Vreeland was entitled Who Are You?   It was a good message. Christian are followers of Jesus Christ. We are hidden away in Christ in God.  I can say that I'm a Christian. I'm the beloved of God.

We received Communion after the message: A blessing was spoken over us. What an honor this is. We can come to Jesus just as we are.

After the gathering. I spoke with some friends on the way out of the gathering.
I'm thankful for my friends. 

Midweek gathering: I  took part in the Prayer School with Brian Zahnd. There were many there. The gathering is for 4 Wednesday Nights sessions. I attended on in January of 2013.  This  is my second time. The first time appeared hard to keep up the practice of staying on a track for prayer.

On the Journey: I'm coming along on the journey. I've been slowing down on what I'm doing. I can over work myself in doing things that I don't really need to do. I have been letting some things be.

May we continue to do as we are lead to do.
May we see the good in practicing good habits.
Amen.

Thanks for reading.
God bless you.
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...