Friday, September 29, 2017

What A September! Pressing On The Journey With Jesus!

On Sunday, September 24, 2017, I awaken to a new day. I was well rested. And I'm glad that I was.  I did my routine morning doings before going to the gathering.

As I got to the church door, I begin to sing.  Yes,  I did so all the way to where I was going to sat while I was singing. Also, I read the announcement  and look around as I go in.

I notice some things. I made my way to the Upper Room. I continued to pray. It's a refreshing experience to have the practice each time I gather with the church.

I love it when I'm in the Upper Room on Sundays.  The presence of God is there. It's a wonderful place to be before the gathering.

The time came for us to gather as the church. We made our confession and do what we do every Sunday.  Indeed, the Lord is with us. Thank You, Jesus.

The title of the message was What About the Violence of the Cross?  It's the series "Sinners in the Hands of a Loving God"  by Brian Zahnd. The Q & A What About the Violence of the Cross?  I had an opportunity to be there. I eat a little at the church supper. It was my first time being there.

Some Other Thoughts:
I went to another church for a picnic. I had a wonderful time there. I played a game called Bible Jingo or something. Each time when we got a line filled we got a smiley sticker. I got up to six. The first one to get 7 is the winner.

It's been a great week! I've cross some more grounds. I'm thankful that the Holy Spirit is guiding me into the truth. I'm pressing on with Jesus.

Thanks for reading.
God bless you.
S.A. Blakley


P.S.
There are some changes in the works. I heard the two church signs are going to be moved.  I always remembered them being there. It's time for changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...