Saturday, September 23, 2017

What I Can Recall About Kindergarten...

Monday, 23 February 2009

  • What I Can Recall About Kindergarten...

    I had this idea come to me as I was reflecting back over my senior year in high school. I've been thinking of what I can remember about kindergarten. I went to Mark Twain Elementary School during the late 1960's to mid 1970's

    Here is my famous photo.  If you look close enough you can see that mark between my eyes brawls. One of my brother was throwing rocks at me. On landed right between my eyes brawls. One hit on my left brawl.

    scan0001  I recall my mother speaking to someone on the phone about me. She wanted to enroll me into kindergarten. I went in the afternoon. I recall one of my siblings walked me to school.

    My teacher's name was Miss (Barbara) Wise. What I can recall in class....We took naps on the mats on the floor. I remember the area where we played with blocks. There small tables that we sat at.

    I recall our reading books. Sally Dick and Jane with dog, Spot. I can recall being call to answer a question. That question was something like this...What would Jane do when she found out Dick took her ribbon?

    I said "She would beat him up." Some of the children laughed at my answer. Miss Wise said Jane would not do that. Jane would ask for her ribbon back. I feel sad that I said the wrong answer.

    I can recall looking out the class window. The play ground was just outside. There was an exit door to get to the playground. We had our own bathroom. There were two double doors in our room. Our class room was big.

    I remember one day parents came to see the our class room. I think it was parents teacher conferences. My parents couldn't make it. I remember looking on with some other classmate's parents.

    I remember handing out candy on my birthday. I remember missing school. A kid told me that I missed Santa Claus. I already knew about Santa. That kid didn't.

    I found my Kindergarten Class photo. I recall some of my class mates. There were 41 of us in all. I had a cousin in my class.
    I read my grade card so time ago. I need to find it again. I think I had trouble tieing my shoes. I was a quiet little girl. Miss Wise was worried about my shyness.

    Kindergarten was some time ago. It is nice that I can recall some things of those days. I thank God that I could recall some things.

    On My Journey Of Transformation:
    What I Recall About Kindergarten...

    Grace to you,
    ~Susan~

    Behold, God is my helper; The Lord is with those who uphold my life. Psalm 54:4
    Apply your heart to instruction, And your ears to words of knowledge. Proverbs 23:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...