Friday, September 15, 2017

My Church Life Journey: New Beginnings

I thought to start journaling about my Church, Life Journey. I have a Book of Remembrance to look back over. And I thought to start online version of my Church Life. And what a way to start new beginnings.

 My Church Life Journey began on the 2nd week of Sunday, September 1993. I attended a Baptist Church. What I recall of that Sunday was the sign at the front of the church sanctuary; JESUS IS ALIVE. Indeed He is.

And five days later, I visited another church community which became my current place where I gather with the church. I celebrate the 3rd Friday of September too.  In 2017, I'll celebrate at home. There's no Friday night gathering.

I always celebrated on the 2nd Sunday every year. This year it was Sunday, September 10, 2017. I gathered with the people of Word Of Life Church in MO.  The Sunday message: What About The Wrath Of God?  Here's Q/A on  What About The Wrath Of God?

The 2nd Sunday of September gathering was beautiful.  Oh, what a blessing. I'm learning more about Jesus. I'm thankful for those who greeted me as well.  I greet once a month.

Through the years, things have been changing. That comes with life. I use to take part in a lot of activities in the church. Now, the church has a focus on the Sunday gathering at 10 am and on the Mid Week gatherings on Wednesday from 5:30 - 8PM.

As the church changes, time comes for some make overs. I like that new look in WOLC's Life Center. It where people can come and watch the Sunday service with there small children. It's used for other purposes. The room looks homey.

 Reflections:
Since I've been at WOLC, the founders of the church Pastors Brian and Peri , the music minster Eric and his wife, Cami are still there.  There have been a lot of new crew members over the years. There are less people on staff than in the past. In the past 3 years there are the same crew with a few new ones.

It's the 3rd Friday of September. I remember and celebrate this 3rd Friday every year.  The third Friday in September is special. The actual day was September 17th and the year 1993.  Jesus made Himself known to me.

I was in a church gathering at Word Of Life. It was my first time being there.  We were nearing the ending of message. And the Spirit of the LORD come upon me. This happened back in the days of salvation alter calls at the end of the messages

The LORD draw nearer to me and I draw nearer to Him. 
Something made my left hand feel a small pain, there was no reason for it to hurt.
And as I cried out to Jesus...
I felt a warm liquid flowing in my heart. It felt good.
I heard a voice speak to me to raised my hand. I heard that voice before.
It was this day, I make my public announcement that Jesus was LORD of my life.
Jesus had been with me back on March 25, 1983.
I confessed to Him that I needed Him.
The LORD had been guiding me on the journey.

I'm thankful for the church.
I'm thankful that I can gather with the church on Sundays.
I'm thankful that we can come to the Table of the LORD.

May we remember the special days in our lives.
May we learn to celebrate life.

Thanks for reading.
God bless you.
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...