Friday, September 22, 2017

Into My 24th "Church Life" New Year: Glory Be To God!

 On Sunday, September 17, 2017, I awaken to this new day. It was my 24th year gathering with the church community at Word Of Life Church. I did some things not in my routine habits. I was off to some things different as I gathered with the church.

I entered the church singing, "This House Is Holy," then sung songs as I was walking...."This Little Light Of Mine, I'm going to let it shine..." by the time I made it to the door way of the sanctuary,
Prayed the LORD's Prayer as I went to where I was going to sat.

There were a few people in the sanctuary. They were noisy. I wanted to go up to the altar to pray. At first, I wasn't going to do it. But, something inside me went for it. I took turned off my hearing aids and went up to the altar to pray. I didn't hear any noise.

I was there for less than 5 minutes. I got up and made my way to the Upper Room praying in tongues. I continued to pray while I got there and went to the altar. I had to take some selfies. And prayed some more. I had to leave because a group of people were coming in. I was planning on going to the main entrance. of the church.

Facebook post
In 1993, I wasn't greeted by a greeter...arrived late. So, I decided that I wanted to be greeted at the door today. I made my way back to the main door at 9:30 am. I was waiting to be greeted. The greeter wasn't aware that I was at the door. LoL So, I knocked on the door. And I was welcomed and was greeted.  True story.

Other happenings.
After I was welcomed at the main, door, I went and greeted more friends.  I made my way back to my seat.  I chatted with other people.

I went back into the Upper Room about 9:50 am ish. Thanking God... I made my way back to the main sanctuary. Yes, I greeted more friends. And made my way to my seat.

Church began at 10:00 am. We made our "Confession of Worship" and we went a bout our traditional Sunday service. It was a beautiful gathering. There were 3 babies who were dedicated. One was 8 days old.  We hear the message. We received communion and blessing at the end of the gathering.

It was such a beautiful gathering. I glad that I did some things not on my routine habit. I've been 24 years on the journey. Glory be to God. And He's still with me on the journey.

The Sunday message the question: What about Old Testament Violence?  by Pastor Brian Zahnd  Series "Sinners in the Hands of a Loving God" Here's the Q/A session. I was able to attend this one.

I'm into my first week of my New Year. I'm looking forward to the Sunday gatherings. It's the only chance I can receive communion with the Church. Beside, What's Church without the Eucharist?

Special NOTE:
I bow down in my private times at home and in the Upper Room at WOLC. What I do while I'm in a public gathering with the church: I'm usually standing and lifting of my hands while singing as an act of worship... 

May we join in with the Church weekly.
May we worship God in spirit and in truth.
Amen.
Thanks for reading.
God bless you.
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...