Saturday, June 9, 2018

Going To The Chapel #52Ancestors 52 Weeks

As I was searching for marriage records on some of my ancestors, I had a time in finding some of them. And there are some I have not found yet. But, here are a few.

My Great Grandparents Isaac BLAKEY and Martha SCOTT were married on 13 Feb 1870  in Wilkinson County, Mississippi. However, on the index, they were listed as Isaac BAKER and Martha SCOTT.

My Grandparents, John BLAKEY / BLAKLEY and Jennie BARTLETT  were married on  28 Jul 1902  in Excelsior Springs, Clay, Missouri. On the index, they were listed as  John BLAKYE and Jennie BARTEL.

My Grandparents, Leo LANKFORD and Mary ALLEN were married on 16 Apr 1909 in Savannah, Andrew, Missouri. On the index, they were listed as Leo LAUKFORD and Mary WALTERS.

I was thinking about marriages  in my family connection,.I thought about some ancestors who remarried. Here are a few.

My Great Grandpa Isaac BLAKEY  became a widower in 1871. He married Rachel Ann  LFEWW on 3 July 1873 in Wilkinson County MS.  Rachel's maiden names is a mystery. There are record of her maiden name as LAFAYETTE, JACKSON and LEPHRIDGE. Isaac was listed with the surname BLAKER. One of the witnesses was John Jones. The marriage took place at Charles Marshall house. They were married by Rev Edward Kane.

My Grandmother, Jennie (BARTLETT) BLAKLEY married Chilton F LYLES a few years after her first husband John passed in July of 1918.  Jennie had twin daughters born in April of 1920.

My 2nd Great Grandfather, William / John WASHINGTON Sr. married his first wife Susan LEACH on  20 Sept 1866  in St. Joseph, Missouri. She passed on 9 Jan 1890. William married his 2nd wife, Mrs. Mahala  "Mahalie"  (HILL) WINN on 17 Dec 1890 in Buchanan, Missouri

My Great Grandmother, Anna Laura WASHINGTON married William  ALLEN on  6 March 1889 in St. Joseph, Buchanan County, Missouri. Then she was a widow around 1890. She married Thornton WALTERS a few years later.

I've come across some Great Uncles and Great Aunts who were married more than once.  And I've made some discoveries. Here's a list.

Jordan BLAKEY was married 3 times.
Lizzie ?
Flora (LAWRENCE) BENTLEY, later divorced
Rubina A. Ruby HOLT

Archie BLAKEY was married 3 times.
Flora (LAWRENCE) BENTLEY BLAKEY, ex wife of Jordan BLAKEY
Geneva ?
Velma Mae CAMPBELL

Lawhorn BLAKEY was married 4 times
Mettie HOLLIDAY
Evelyn WILSON
Roberta ?
Inez Evelyn CAMPELL, sister of Velma Mae CAMPBELL

Edna Mae (BLAKEY) JACKSON MARION BENTLEY was married 3 times.
Dab JACKSON, later divorced
 Jay .C. Marion, later divorced
Richard BENTLEY

Relatives intermarriage
My mother's sister, Anna married my father's brother, Isaac. I had a cousin, Irene on my father's side married my mother's brother, Robert. Also I have cousins on my father's side marring cousins on my mother's side. This is confusing.  

Thanks for reading.
God bless you.
S.A.Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...