Saturday, March 31, 2018

The Old Homestead #52Ancestors 52 Weeks

As I was growing up, I never thought of or heard of where my ancestors came from. But as I've come of age, I began to wonder. Where did my ancestors originally come from?


I have taken a DNA test. I discovered that I'm about 74 % African, and the other % are European and other regions. I'm thankful for my DNA.


The Family Homeland After 1865


On  My Father's Father's side
My ancestors came from Virginia area to settle and came back to Chariton and Howard Counties in Missouri. Most of the earlier ancestors choose to remain in the Forest Green, Missouri area. While some of their descendants moved Northward and Westward near the turning of the century 1900's.


 On My Mother's,  Mother's side.
My ancestors who came from Kentucky and Tennessee area  made their way to Buchanan County Missouri. Most settled in St. Joseph, Missouri area.  Some of their descendants  moved Northward and Westward through the years.

The Old Homestead is the place where our roots reunited. Our early ancestors traveled. Some where taken from their home land. They had to find a place where they could call home. They needed a resting place for the family.

It's good to go to the places where our ancestors once lived. To see the place where our history began. We as their descendants are living out the family history. We carry on what they have left off.

May we continue on the journey of our ancestors. May we leave a legacy for the next generation. May we see that what we do will impact the future.

Thanks for reading.
God bless you.
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...