Friday, March 16, 2018

Lucky #52Ancestors 52 Weeks

Lucky me.  I think that I've been lucky as I'm searching for my family connections. I haven't found any one who has the surname Lucky or with the nickname "Lucky."

I've notice some things as I'm searching over the years. I've been lucky enough to come across things out of nowhere. I've stumbled into things that I haven't thought about. Lucky I guess.

Indeed, I have had road blocks along my journey. I have hit brick walls. However there have been many occasions when I just got plain lucky. I'm blessed.

I'm thankful for all the people who have cross paths with me on my family connections journey. I have had strangers help me search for things. They lead me to information or gave me information.

I never thought that I would find out who owned my ancestors. If my Great Grandfather wasn't wounded during the Civil War. He lived to receive his pension.

I never thought I could see a slave ad of my ancestors. Thankful that someone knew where to search.  I have shared that ad with family connections.

I never thought I would contact a descendant who's ancestor was a former slave holder of my ancestors. That was interesting. Our Great Grandfathers knew each other.

There's so much that has come in my life. I believe that it comes for a reason. I can call it or it came by chance.  I'm lucky or not. However, I'm blessed. Either way,  it comes.

I hope you have good luck in searching your ancestors. There will come a time when luck will come your way. Keep searching. Don't give up.

Hope you  had a  Lucky Day
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Thanks for reading.
God bless you.
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...