Sunday, February 18, 2018

The Start Of the First Full Week Of Lent

It was a beautiful start for the 1st Sunday in the Lent season.  I woke up feeling great. Oh, what a day this has been.

It was a special day, Feb 18th. It was the 22nd Anniversary when I viewed the church building at Word of Life Church. The year was 1996. I was longing to see the main sanctuary.  When I went in back in 1996, I looked up and round. The room had a glow about it.

Today, I as I entered the sanctuary, I bowed my head and thanked God. Then I became to pray the Lord's prayer with my head slightly bowed as I made my way to my seat.  I entered into the gates with thanksgiving and prayer.

 I had a wonderful time chatting with some friends before and after the church gathering this morning. And when I got home, I had family members who stopped by. We had a great time together!

The Sermon Series :The Last Week: Part One of Eight to Easter Sunday. 
This message "There's Always Some Dude On A Horse." by Pastor Brian Zahnd

This sounds like it will be an interesting series.
I'm on the Lenten journey.
I hope you are too.

Prayer for the Week of Sunday, February 18
Almighty God, whose blessed Son was led by the Spirit to be tempted by Satan; Come quickly to help us who are assaulted by many temptations; and, as you know the weaknesses of each of us, let each one find you mighty to save; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

Scripture for the Week  Sunday, February 18
Mark 11:1-11
    Now when they drew near to Jerusalem, to Bethphage and Bethany, at the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two of his disciples and said to them, “Go into the village in front of you, and immediately as you enter it you will find a colt tied, on which no one has ever sat. Untie it and bring it. If anyone says to you, ‘Why are you doing this?’ say, ‘The Lord has need of it and will send it back here immediately.’”

And they went away and found a colt tied at a door outside in the street, and they untied it. And some of those standing there said to them, “What are you doing, untying the colt?” And they told them what Jesus had said, and they let them go. And they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their cloaks on it, and he sat on it.

 And many spread their cloaks on the road, and others spread leafy branches that they had cut from the fields. And those who went before and those who followed were shouting, “Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David! Hosanna in the highest!”

    And he entered Jerusalem and went into the temple. And when he had looked around at everything, as it was already late, he went out to Bethany with the twelve.
____

Thanks for reading.
God bless you.
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...