Sunday, February 25, 2018

On The Journey With Jesus: Celebrating

What a beautiful start for the week! The last Sunday of February was wonderful! This is the day that the LORD has made, I've been rejoicing and being glad in it.

Church Life: The Sunday Gathering: The 2nd Sunday of Lent

Another Special Day: I'm a month away for my 35th Anniversary on the journey with Jesus. I've been celebrating as the days come to be. I'm learning a lot from life.

One thing I've notice on my journey, God has placed people in my life for a reason and for a season. And I've met so many beautiful people. Thank You, Jesus for being seen in the people in whom You speak through to me. Only You can do that. Glory be to God.

I had a wonderful time chatting with some of my friends during our church gathering this morning. Especially the ones who are preparing for their journey to Israel. I even received some prayer request. I'm praying.

It's a wonderful feeling to chat with friends. I'm thankful that they speak to me and not hurry on their way. Our conversations aren't' that long. I'm thankful for the conversations that encourage me. I hope that I do impart blessings to those come in my pathway.

The message " When The Whip Comes Down" by Pastor Brian Zahnd scripture  Mark 11:12-19
It was an interesting message. I heard some things that I haven't realized.
The fig leaves....Adam and Eve and Jesus and the figure tree.
The whip and the cattle being driven out by Jesus.

Prayer for the Week of Sunday, February 25,
  
 God, whose glory it is always to have mercy: Be gracious to all who have gone astray from your ways, and bring them again with penitent hearts and steadfast faith to embrace and hold fast the unchangeable truth of your Word, Jesus Christ your Son; who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, for ever and ever. Amen. via Book of Common Prayer
Scripture for the Week of  Sunday, February 25  via Mark 11:12-19
  On the following day, when they came from Bethany, he was hungry. And seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to see if he could find anything on it. When he came to it, he found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs. And he said to it, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard it.

      And they came to Jerusalem. And he entered the temple and began to drive out those who sold and those who bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money-changers and the seats of those who sold pigeons. And he would not allow anyone to carry anything through the temple. And he was teaching them and saying to them, “Is it not written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all the nations’?

But you have made it a den of robbers.” And the chief priests and the scribes heard it and were seeking a way to destroy him, for they feared him, because all the crowd was astonished at his teaching. And when evening came they went out of the city.


Thanks for reading and praying.
God bless you.
S.A.Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...