Sunday, December 31, 2017

Stepping into 2018 ~ Happy New Year:

I'm thankful that the LORD is always with us. I finished out the old year while making ready for the new. Happy New Year! 2017 is history. Some things I use to do had expired. New things have sprung up.

On New Year's Eve, I woke up to my daily dos. And I did something different. Indeed, it was a bit nippy outside. I bundled up for sure. I had on 4 layers. I always wear a hat. I try not to complain about the weather.

Arrival at the gathering:
As I got out of the car, I began to sing all the way to the church coffee shop and book store. I had to wait for the person completed some orders. It was a long wait. So, I made my way to put my belongs down where I sat.  I came back there were 4 people in front of me. I waited...

I was going to treat myself to a strawberry banana smoothie. It was a gift from a friend for Christmas. However, there was another friend who asked me what I wanted. She got it for me. It was worth the wait in getting.

As unusual, I made my way into the Upper Room. I stayed a while. And later returned before the gathering began. I chatted with some friends. I was a wonderful gathering and beautiful day. I was happy.

Prayer for the Week of Dec 31, 2017
Scripture of the Week ~  Luke 2:22 - 35

A baby was dedicated to the Lord after we received the offering.

The MessageChristmas Saves the World by Pastor Brian Zahnd

“Jesus saves the world by drawing us into a new orbit, a new arrangement, not built around lust, greed, pride. Jesus draws humanity into a saving orbit, a new arrangement called the kingdom of God.”  Brian Zahnd

“When we really learn to sing the new song that Christmas brings, we belong to the world saved by Christ.”  Brian Zahnd

“God loves, and we’re to love, God’s good creation and the goodness of human flourishing. We’re not to love the world distorted by lust, greed, and pride.”   Brian Zahnd

We received Holy Communion,
We heard some final words.
We had a blessing spoken over our lives.

After the gathering:
I chatted with some friends. I had another Christmas present. Yes, we're still in the Christmas Season. Merry Christmas!

Once I was home, that was my final place to go. I did some things I had to do. I made myself at home. I finished out the year at home.  I welcome in the New Year.  I stay up for about 15 minutes into the day. Say my prayers and off to dreamland. The New Day has begun. Day 1...

Thanks for reading.
God bless you.

Happy 2018!
S. A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...