Sunday, December 17, 2017

In the Advent Season.

It's been a wonderful 3rd Sunday in the Advent Season. It's the last Sunday in the Autumn Season. We had some rain.

I waken on time and was wondering what I would wear for the gathering. I normally would know what I would wear the night before.  I need to get with the program. Lol

I did decide what to wear. I did my morn dos and made my way to the gathering. Each Sunday is different. I try to do things that way.

I had to deliver some Christmas cards to some friends. I did more walking this Sunday. It wasn't my time to greet the people. But, I did. I was there. And  I received a Christmas card myself.

I spent some time in the Upper Room.  I love it in there. I go there just about every time we gather as the church on Sunday.

The Gathering began at 10PM ~
We make our confession why we gather as the church for worship.

The following is via WOLC
"On Sunday mornings we make the following Confession
of Worship as a way to remind ourselves why we gather.

We have gathered in the name of Jesus Christ.
We have come to this house to worship God.
We have come to confess that Jesus is Lord.
We are not here to be entertained,
We are here to encounter the sacred.
We are not consumers,
We are worshipers.
We praise and adore the living God,
Who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Amen."
Then we enter into our gathering singing, worshiping, hearing scriptures,

From the Church bulletin.
Prayer for the week: 3rd Sunday of Advent
Psalm for the Day Psalms 51
Scripture for the Week Luke 1:26 -38

The Message by Pastor Brian Zahnd  Enfleshing the Holy

"Mary is known as the Theotokos, the God-bearer. But we are all to enflesh the holy. You too are supposed to give birth to something holy (authentically other/ not typical) which will come no other way but through you." BZ

"The Incarnation is the sacred mystery of how through a cooperation of the Spirit and humankind the holy becomes enfleshed.” BZ

"The Holy Spirit is the attitude of God." BZ

We receive communion.
Final remarks and received a blessing spoken over us.
We were dismissed and went our way.
Some wanted their photo taken by the tree.

May we not be afraid.
May we believe God as we journey on.
May we give birth to what God has in us to come forth.
Amen!

Thanks for reading.
God bless you.
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...