Sunday, December 3, 2017

Sacred Time: Enter Into This Holy Time.

Happy New Year Day, Church! It's the First Day of Advent and the start of the Christian New Year. We're in sacred time! Enter into this Holy Time.

It's a new day. The first day on the journey of the Advent Season. We're awaiting  the Christmas season. We have the honor to hear the Christmas story of God becoming flesh. His name is Jesus.

My Sunday:
I began this day with a new hope.  The old Christian year was from Nov 27, 2016 to Dec 2, 2017. Now, we're heading into this New Year: Dec 3, 2017 - Dec 1, 2018. May we believe for the good of what's to come.

I went about my morning routine.
I enjoyed the Christmas decorations the came on my way.
The Spirit of God is surrounding us.
It was so beautiful to see.

The Prayer for the Week:
The First Sunday of Advent
via Word Of Life Church

The Scripture for the Week. Malachi 4:1-6

The Message by Pastor Brian Zahnd
Advent sermon Anticipating the Day (When God Will Act)

We received communion. And was dismissed with a blessing.
Some After Thoughts:
It was unusual day. I didn't have the opportunity to gather with the Church on the First Sunday of Advent in 2016. Today, it was different. I'm thankful that  I was at the gathering.

I'm doing some things in a new way.
It's different this New Year.

PBZ:
What should we do... during this Advent Season?
This is about 25:15 minutes into the message.


Four weeks before the Christmas Season begins:
Use Advent
as to rule out any arrogant in our own hearts. Go down in our own hearts.... as we say....is there any arrogant? Am I carrying around in me a sense of superiority to those area me, some how I desire more? Some how the world is arranged for my benefit that seems right ...Go down and find that and dig it out. Get rid of it.

We should settle deeply and humbly into the lame brokenness areas of our lives. Broken areas in our lives, Some area in our life where we are Lame and weak, we stumble and it's hard. Blind and can't see it, we don't get it. Identify that area in your life and sit there... until God comes.

Pray the Song of  Mary's Song of Praise: The Magnificat. (Luke 1:46-55 )
Pray this song everyday for the next four weeks, believing something will happen.
(I hope to memorize this song.) May this prayer form us.

May we enter into the Holy Days.
May the LORD come and help us.
May we be humble before God.
May we long for the coming of Jesus.
Amen!

Thanks for reading.
God bless you.
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...