Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Gotten Into Trouble or Misjudged

Note; Wednesday, 27 May 2009

  • Gotten Into Trouble or Misjudged?

    Yes, from...The Lady Who Thought That I Was Stuck Up.  The Man Who Wanted To Be Greeted. And The Guy Who Was Too Friendly.

    These are topics that are related to a question during one of our Esther Bible Study sessions. Have you ever gotten yourself into trouble or misjudged a situation because of your assumption?
    I'll share some things that I saw from the other side of this question...I was greeting at Word of Life Church when these things occurred to me. Here are three of them.

    The Lady Who Thought That I Was Stuck Up.
    There was an elderly lady who was watching me from a far. She had a beautiful smile when I saw her. Then one day she came up to me and said. When she first met me she thought I was stuck up.

    We, that was a nice introduction. But she said after she began to know me more. She saw that that was not the case. She said that she was wrong.

    She told me that she saw a beautiful person in me. She saw my spirit. Just about every time when I saw this lady I would go out of my way to greet her with a hug. She was a nice lady. She went on to be with the LORD.

    The Man Who Wanted To Be Greeted.There was an elderly man who would came in the doors in a wheel chair. I would see him coming. He would be by himself coming in his wheel chair.

    Then one Sunday morning, he was coming in late. The service had already started. I saw him coming in my direction. There were just a few in the foyer. This man said went a bad attitude, "I am supposed to be greeted." What was I going to say?

    I said "Now, Now, Now!" I held my cool the best way that I could. What more was I to do. I guess I didn't please this man.

    The next time I saw this gentleman, I greeted him. He had a much better attitude. Each time I saw him I tried to say Hello! Through time this man stop coming. I don't know what happened.

    The Guy Who Was Too Friendly.
    There was a man who came on a Friday night. I noticed him as I was in a hurry to meet another friend. This man was in a pew on the way to where I was headed.

    I knew that he was new. He introduced himself. He said that he was the new undertaker in town. I didn't know that we has a new undertaker in town. The words that he used and his gestures were not right for me.

    This man continued to come to the Friday gatherings. He was there on Sundays too. At this time, I was helping a elderly friend, Nonnie in from her sister, Louise's car. This man would ask if he could help. I said I can do it.

    Then the next time, I came across this man, he would say things that I didn't think was appropriate. I was getting hot under the collar. It was getting to me.

    I tried to hide from this guy every time he knew that he was coming. I told a friend about this guy. I asked her to help me out. This guy was too friendly to me. Beyond friendly was the word.

    I ask my friend to ask a male friend to talk to this guy. This guy was giving me trouble. I thank God that I did not hit the guy. He made me so mad.

    This went on for about two week or so. Then I notice some things. That guy stop coming to church. I think that he got ministered to by my friend, John. He ask was that guy troubling me any more.  That guy stop coming to church.

    There are many things that we do in life that can bring assumptions. Things that we do that others don't understand. I can imagine some of the things that I do that I don't know about that some people are assuming about me.

    I don't know to be guilty about it. I do my best to not to make other feel uncomfort while I am around them. I am at a point where I have back away from people who seem not comfortable around me.

    What I mean, if someone doesn't seem wanting to speak me when I come that's could be an indication of some thing. If I keep coming back and getting the same mix reaction, I think that I should just back off from that person.

    There are times I feel pushed away while trying to speak with some people. If a person walks off or have little to say, I wonder. I should give others the benefit of the doubt and or back away from them.

    On My Journey of TransformationGotten Into Trouble Or Misjudged?

    Yes, lots of times...
    But it couldn't be more than what is there or thought  of.
    It's best to find out more  than what's assumed.
    It will help in the long run to give mercy to issues that comes our way.

    Doing Life 
    The Chronicles Of Susan

    Psalm 147:1
    How good it is to sing praises to our God! How delightful and how right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...