Thursday, October 17, 2013

What Does Church Membership Mean To Me?

Sunday, 15 February 2009

  • What Does Church Membership Mean To Me?

    Happy Day to you. Hope that you Have A Great Week!  Enjoy!

    A few weeks ago, I have heard this question from Word of Life's BIG screen during some of the announcements. What Does Word Of Life Church Membership Mean To You?
    I thought about membership. There are benefits in membership / partnership. There are some things that a member should be doing. There are things a member should know.

    What do members do? What are the benefits in membership? How can a church benefit by having people be a  member in a church? What do others and I gain by being a member of the body of Christ?

    I've been a member of WOLC since October 17, 1993.  I've been through some seasons of times and sickness while my stay at WOLC. I'm thankful that I've been a member in the church. I am thankful  for the people in the church who have shown concern to my family and as well as myself.

    I am thankful that I didn't have to go through some things alone. God has blessed me with people from His church to be a part of my life. I am thankful for that.

    I am thankful for the friendship that I have met along my journey through membership as the church. Some friends were just for a season. There are some friends that have gone on. I am thankful that we crossed paths.

    I've been thinking about membership in the church. To be honest with you, I am still learning what it means to be a member of a church. I don't know everything that there is about membership. Here are some things that come to me.

    What Does WOLC Membership Mean to Me? It's were I can connect with the people of God. I have connections with the Kingdom of God. I can fellowship with those who believe in God. I can share my life with friends. I can grow in the LORD. I have a place to go where I can be built up.

    I can be a blessings to those who are around me. I have the opportunity to hear the word of God. I have a place to worship God in public. I can be used of God in His kingdom.

    There is a diversity of people that come to WOLC. There are many who come from different backgrounds. That's nice to experience the variety of people who belong to God. God is our God.

    We as members we should pray for the leaders in the church. We should pray for one another. We should edify and built one another up. We should come to gather and assemble as the corporate church.

    We should paid our tithes. We should give our offerings. We should worship God together. We should take communion together. And the list goes on.

    There is much that's there by being apart of the body of Christ, His church. I have a place where I can honor God. I have a church family to be apart of.

    I am thankful that I am able to come to WOLC. No matter what season I am in, I will be welcomed by my friends. I can take shelter from the storms of life. That's pleasing to know.

    On My Journey Of Transformation:What Does Church Membership Mean To ME?

    Blessings, Peace, Mercy and Grace,
    ~Susan~

    God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble Psalm 46:1

    A wholesome tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit. Proverbs 15:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...