Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Church: Our Purpose

Reflections: Some of My Thoughts:

Monday, 22 October 2007


Yesterday in Church as I was walking, I saw about eight Xanga bloggers who are on my Word of Life blogring. Three of them I was in a position to gave hugs. One of them had surgery. As I hugged her I told her that I was praying for her.
She was so blessed by hearing those words. Just a hug and an encouraging word from another can lift them up. Church is more than just going to hearing a message or sermon from our pastors.

Then I was reading my subscriptions. I came across...   
queenofchocolate
 

Random thoughts for my church friends

She ask some questions (see her blogsite.) Here's my comment from what she asked. I added more thoughts as I reflected on what I wrote:

I have been thinking about the Church also. What is my purpose in going and being apart of what CHURCH is? You ask good questions. We all can answer them in the ways that we believe.

We need one another as The Body of Christ. CHURCH is a necessary part of our Christian walk. We do have our own parts as Christians. Our Sunday Church gatherings should not just stop on that day.

There are 6 other days that we need to live as well...We wake up in the Kingdom of God daily. We are not just Christians on Sundays. Our private life and public life should show or reflect our Christlike image.


Yeah, Church should be a place were we are comfortable. We should have the atmosphere of friendliness there. There are relationships in our Church community that we grow and learn from one another as believers.

Church a place "where every body knows your name"...Yeah, I wear a name tag. We all have our uniqueness that stands out. [| :0)

About encouragement: I have learn to encourage myself. For example: There are times when we need encouragement and that person or friend is not there for us. Even pastors and so forth need encouragement as well.

But again coming to church we have friends that bring us encouragement. It's from those who surround us. We all are encouragers. It's who we can communicate with and relate to the brings out the best in us.
When I come to Church, I always feel encouraged. There is someone there to hug me, always. There is someone there to talk to me, always. That gives me that assurance that JESUS Loves ME. I can see Jesus in the people I communicate with.

Jesus is and is in the Church. His presence is there when the Body of Believer gather together. There is a Big different when we come together. We cannot get it all in very small gatherings.

Yesterday in both of our Church services, the Spirit of the LORD was in the House. The 2nd gathering was different. The Holy Spirit was moving in a different way. But the glory of the LORD was there. I was aware of the presence of God in Church. And so were others.

I see Church in a new way now. Pastor Brian's three Sunday's messages added more to my thinking about the CHURCH. Jesus is on the MOVE. May we move with Him.
The next time that you get the opportunity to gather together in the HOUSE of the LORD, Think. Ask yourself questions such as Why am I here? What's my purpose?

We, the people who gather together are the Church. It's not the building. It is assembling of the saints of God.

There are many reasons why I go to Church. I have a purpose in being there. You should too. May we discover more as we come together as a Body of Christ. Have A GREAT Day!
Peace Be With You,
"Susie" 

From My Book Of Remembrance:I am thankful that we can ponder while others can comment. I am thankful that God has blessed us with COURAGE. I am thankful that our Father God has given us His COVENANT Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...