Monday, October 14, 2013

Life's Reflections: Some Of My Thoughts

Memories Sunday, 14 October 2007

  • Life's Reflection: Some Of My Thoughts

    I thank all of you who believe in me.
    I believe in you, my friends.


    From My Book of Remembrance:
    I thank You , Heavenly Father for being committed to complete the work that You have started in me. I thank You, Lord Jesus for working FAVOR in my life that has been release for me to walk into. I thank You, Lord God for the blessing of COURAGE. I thank You, Father God for Your COVENANT Blessings.
    My Thoughts: Keep the focus on what you are doing.
    A few weeks ago, I was watching Joyce Meyer Ministry on T.V. Sister Joyce was showing us an illustration that she was trying to get across to us. I could relate to what she was saying. She communicated this very well.

    Sister Joyce called two members from her ministry team to come on the platform One was her husband. The other person's name was Chris; He was to represent the devil, who come to attack us at times. And Joyce's husband, Dave was to represent God who watches over us. Joyce represented the believer in Christ Jesus.

    The believer in Christ Jesus was called "Susie- Super Christian." Yeah, I just had to laugh when I heard the name "Susie". That's how I related so well to what Joyce was talking about. It hit home.

    "Susie Super Christian" is reading her Bible. She going to church. Doing what a Christian has set out to do and so forth on this road of life with Jesus. When all of a sudden the devil comes to attack " Susie Super Christian."

    What does "Susie Super Christian" do? She starts fighting with the devil. Where does this leave "Susie Super Christian"? She is getting her eyes off what she is suppose to be doing. She is not focusing on what God has called her to do. She is all uptight, upset and frustrated about what is going on.

    Then Joyce was getting this point across. If we believers in Christ Jesus will stay stable in what we are doing in our lives, then God will come and take care of us and what the devil or whatever is doing to us. If we continue to keep standing in faith, keep doing our best to be patience, keep waiting on God, and keep praising His name, our Father God will step in (This is better said than done.)

    Joyce also said that some of the things that come into our lives are not always from the devil. There are times, when such happenings could come by chances. This brings situations into our lives. There are times when God brings some things in to our lives to test us. We grow from these experiences.

    Then there are times when we bring things in our lives ourselves. (I can be a witness to that.) One way is to be putting on too much "doings" in our daily schedules.

    This can bring a load on us. This can lead us to frustration. We can get all bent out of shape over things that we could have avoided by just saying NO!! Or think about what we are getting ourselves into.

    Whatever the source of our "happenings" in our lives, we should have some peace of stability in what we are doing. If we have so much to do and very little time for God in our lives, we are opening the door for things, not to go our way. We can welcome in TROUBLE. We don't need more trouble in our lives.
    I have been trying to simplify my life more. I have cut out some things in my life that I do not have to do. I am asking myself, what is important? What is it that I really want to do that? Do I need to do that? Is that really necessary? Where is my time and energy going? I have been seeking the LORD for wisdom and what path should I take.

    Since then, I have put to the test what those things are; What is stealing my joy, time and energy... I have discovered some of those stealers. I have found a lot more peace of mind. I am not guilty in some of the things that I have let go and given to the LORD. I have been learning how to lay my burdens down now.

    I have been enjoying myself a lot more. I am having less stress on some matters that use to bug me. Some got to me at times. Now, I have Peace of Mind. That soo GOOD. May the LORD continue to guide me on my pathway. (I have learned that I don't have to be apart of the crowd all the time.)

    Special note:I believe that some of "you kind of know me" by now. I thought to share this with you all. Some will relate to what I am about to say. And some won't.

    But first I will say that I  got a chance to see and talk with some of my Word of Life Bloggers Buddies, today. Cathy, Cyndy, Lynnflo, Yeah, I was looking hard for you, Becky. I was not in my triangle in between the 2nd service. But I kept looking for you. You found me. Ms. Emily, I was glad to see you too.

    Ms. Emmy, I am not a "party phooper." I was serious about what I said to you girls. What I was talking to you about. You guys need to be praying for me.

    I am going through a healing process about "Church Gatherings", such as Octoberfest etc. It's been a while since I came to such of an event. Where did  all started...The attack came in about 1998, 1999 time before the Labor Day Picnic gatherings.

    When I heard of the news that we won't have gatherings on Labor Day, I GOT SO HAPPY! I thought that this "thing" would leave me. Then Octoberfest came into being. It did not. I can testify that I have been getting better as time has progress.

    I was planning on coming to this Octoberfest this year. I changed my mind. Something came about. Then I began to cut down on some of what I use to do. I can hear some say, O GET OVER IT. Forgive and go on with your life.

    That's what I have been trying to do. I have forgiven what happened and doing my best to keep going on with my life. I cannot change what happened. I truly want to wipe away what it was, out of my thinking forever.

    The last time I came to our church picnic was in the year 2000. In 1999 my thoughts were not there. I made it through the picnic. I talked my self to come in the year 2000.

    When I came back in 2002, I think. It was for the gathering with the people and Jewish friends who built Word of Life Church's Upper Room. I thank God that it was on the inside. I don't like outside gatherings that much. But I can endure when I really want to. 

    I have come a long ways since 2002. This year when the Octoberfest was announced, I did think about coming. I believe that I did not miss out on anything. I had a good time not being there.

    I believe that I don't have to explain myself to you. One of my friends who was setting by me during the 2nd service said that she was not going to go to the Octoberfest either. Her reason was that her husband was not there.

    I could have explain to to my friend why I was not going. My mind would not be where I was. It's  like when there was some months of time when my body was in church but my mind was not. I believe that was a healing time for me. And so is this time for me now.

    I believe at times there are times to keep my mouth shut and just keep going on about my life. I believe that God is working a mighty work in me. Jesus has brought me through a lot of "matters" in my life. I believe He will brought me out of this one too.

    It's all learning experiences in life. Test in life that I have been going through. My faith has been strengthen. I am growing in the process. I am more at rest and moving on into what lays ahead for me.                                                   

    Will I go to the next Octoberfest at Word of Life Church in 2008 or beyond? I am not worried about that.  When the announcements comes AGAIN, I will make my decision. In the meanwhile, I am going about my life, entering in and enjoying life and what God has set before me.

    P.S. I had a WONDERFUL Day, today. Hope that you did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...