Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Journaling Assignment #53: Self- Acceptance

I've been thinking about myself. Not in a selfish way, but in a way to where I know myself. It's those things that I  do or don't do or say; and how I react to them. Through the years I have lighten up on myself. I have been trying to make wise choices.

I have to learn to accept some things about self. Thank God that I can change.... I know that I can't change myself. I have to learn to like myself. In fact I love myself. Beside, I'm with me all the time. I need to have a good relationship with myself.


Through the years, I have come to see myself differently. I know that I'm not perfect. I have and will continue to make mistakes or make poor choices.... I believe that I'm progressing as the years passed by.

I use to worry a lot about things I make mistakes about. I didn't know how to handle those things I thought were wrong. I had to deal with things. Through time I cooled off.
I do keep going when I feel I've miss the mark.  I have to forgive and forgive myself when things don't go the way that I thought they should. That's call being mature.

What I find about myself that's unacceptable? When I know what I should do something or shouldn't do it. I need to be more in tune with what I know to be true. I'm thankful that God is in my life.


Without the help of Jesus, I think I would be worst off than I'm. I find confidence about myself when I allow God into what I'm doing. I believe that's what motivating me to do what is right and is the leading of the inner witness who's within me.

With the help of the Holy Spirit, I can do what God has called me to do.  I know that I will not do all what God has for me. Fear can hold me back. But, I  believe that God loves me in times when I think that He doesn't.


That love is so deep that I can't comprehend it. God's love is so much richer than any human on earth can give. That's unconditional love.

I am learning more and more as I'm on the journey with Jesus. Life has meaning...  That's when when we know, that we know that we know. That's were our faith and hope comes from.

Thanks for reading,
Journaling Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...