Monday, January 23, 2012

Chapter 2nd: Home And Childhood

Here's chapter 2 questions.  
1. My father was born in 1913. His father passed away when my father was about 5. And when his mother passed, my father was about 13. He was raised by his sibling. He had some education. He worked odd jobs and a business man. My father was a Baptist

2. My mother was borin in 1920. She was raised by her parents. She attended school. She was the mother of 19 children. She was a housewife and business woman. My mother was a Baptist

3. I drew a detailed floor plan of my home.  There were about 18 small rooms. The oringal house had about 4 rooms. Our father later build on as the years went by.

4. I  was born the 19th children. I had 15 brothers and 3 sisters.   One sister died at about a month old.

5. I was 9 pounds and 5 ounces when I was born.
    Born The Last In My Family

6. I wrote about my elementary school. (Teachers, I don't recall my first day of school. I do recall one time we had a drill. We were out in the hallway for a long time. I like  playing dogde ball at recess. Games In Elementary School. My favorite subject was drawing.

7. My best friend in elementary school was a girl named Coleen. I met up with her again in the mid 1990's working in a Dollar General Store. I haven't seen her since.

8. We had a dog and many more after that one.
    Pets In The Family

9. How did we do laundry?
    (I remember by hand, wringer washer, and cloths line. Then we went to the laundry mat. Later we go our own washer and dryer in the house.

10. I remember radio programs; Religious
         TV shows: Bonanza, Gun Smoke, The Big Valley.
         Cartoons: Tim and Jerry, Mickey Mouse, Bug Bunny,
         Movies; Roots, Gone With The Wind


11. Family vacations: I don't recall many.
      We went fishing and had picnics

     Visits to Grandma Lankford...She lived on the next block over.
      That was about 3 houses away.

12. What ward did I live in? Who was my Bishop? Tell about Primary activities. (If you weren't a member at the time write about spiritual aspects or traditions from your childhood and family life.)


      I think this question is a religious one. I'm a Christian.
I worship and I have a church home and Pastor. I didn't attend church as a child. It was when I was 30 when I gathered with the people of God. It has become a tradition to go to church every time that I can.



13. I attended Sunday School one time when I was a youth. I didn't like it. As an Adult I have attended and continue to attend Bible Studies.


14. Write about my baptism.
      I was water baptized on November 28, 1993.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...