Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chapter 1: My Ancestry

I'm journaling on my family history.
Here are some questions I have answered.

1. Who was the first of my ancestors to come to America?
(Or the country where they residence)

On my mother's side; I don't know. There was not record of where they came from. I can assume that majority of they came from Africa.

On my father's father's side;
The story has it that they came from of the coast of Nigeria.
There were stories on both my parents side of Native American Indian connects.
Cherokee and Black Foot trifles.

2. I wrote about my father's heritage. My father's Heritage.
    and  The Jennie Bartlett Blakley Lyle Connections


3. I wrote about my mother's heritage. My mother's Heritage. and
    My mother's mother's mother, Anna Laura Washington Allen Walters
 
4.I wrote about my pioneer heritage.
(If you don't have any, how do you feel about being the "pioneer" in your family)

    Here are a few....

    Civil War Veteran: Private Isaac Blaker a.k.a Isaac Blakey
 
    Builder/construction; Robert Louis Lankford; a.k.a Robert Lewis Lankfard

    Professional Baseball Player 1900's; Louis Lankford;
 a.k.a Add Lankfard
  
5. I wrote about the oldest relative I remember.

     The oldest relative I had the honor to met was my mother's mother;
      Mary Allen Lankford born in 1889.

     The oldest relative I've met and who lived the longest was my father's sister;
      Mary Jane Blakley Richardson who was almost 90 before her passing. .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...