Saturday, July 7, 2018

Independence #52Ancestors 52 Weeks


I don't know of any ancestors who were in the Revolutionary War.  However, I have a 3rd Great Grandmother who was living at that time.  I wouldn't imagine that. She was about eleven in 1776.

My 3rd Great Grandmother was Hannah ? HOOPER. The only record I've found on her is the Carrollton Missouri 1880 census. She was listed as my 2nd Great Grandfather Elias' Grandmother.  Elias was listed with his 2nd wife Harriett and his 5 children.

The family surname was misspelled Barllett on the 1880 MO census.
The surname was Bartlett.
Sally Bartlett
Charles Bartlett
Lucy Bartlett
Elias Bartlett
William Bartlett

What I've learned for the 1880 census, Hannah was born in South Carolina around 1765. She was listed as black at 115 years old and an invalid.   Her father and mother were from Virginia. The year of Hannah's death is unknown. The census was taken on June 22, 1880.

I'm thankful that my 3rd Great Grandmother lived to be on the 1880 census. I wouldn't have never known who she was if she didn't live as long as she did. Hannah is the oldest ancestor that I have come across on my family connections search. 

Thanks for reading.
God bless you.
S. A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...