Sunday, November 16, 2014

Goal Setting Revisited

Goal Setting Revisited

 It was a year ago that I set out for a goal of trimming down my wardrobe. Did I accomplish me GOAL. Yes, I have a lot of fewer clothing than I had last year. 

I thought to repost this. I aim to start to do this again on November 16... with one exception on something. Update is underlined.  What am I going to where tonight for Church?

Reflections: Thursday, November 16, 2006




Goal Setting

I was going through my closets today, trying to figure out what to wear for the upcoming weekend. After a while ... I made a decision. I need to trim down on my wardrobe.

I am blessed with things to put on.  Clothes, shoes, jewelery, hats, scarfs, coats...It seems like I have so many ...that I can't make up my mind what to wear sometimes.Susie
  Some of my friends would describe me as a "model". I like to dress nice. I grew up with limited things to wear. I was the youngest growing up in the family of sibling 18.  The boys (3x5) out numbered the us 3 girls. 

Through the ages I became influence to dress up more as I would go places. I don't like going places. Let alone dressing up and going to wedding, family and other gatherings... Like about 5 church "programs" I went to before actually liking church in Sept of '93.

  Now, I like to dress up...even going places... At times my two sisters and a niece  give me some of their stuff that they are done with.  So, I blessed with things to wear.  More things added to my wardrobe.

This does not include what I buy myself.  I have been on a spending freeze of clothes for a while. It's times to sort and look for things that I need to give away. Lord, help me!
Goal Setting: I don't know how long it will that me to sort through my items.  Departing from things I think that I will wear. Maybe I can hold on to this as a memory of once was. Noooo!

I give myself about four to six months to have less things in my closets.  Why so many months? I got a lot stuff in my closets and "things". 

I know through time I will accomplish my goal.  Goal Setting... I can not allow things to posses me. ( UPDATE: 2007 I still receive clothes from my sisters and niece. I have things, They should not posses me.)
Shalom         
 May the peace of God direct your path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...