Monday, April 28, 2014

Double D. Retiring From The NFL?

Memories of the past; Day~ Monday, 28 April 2008

  • Double D. Retiring From The NFL?

    I read this on the featured question for April 29th....Who is your favorite sports star?

    Dwayne calmed down and reconsider this issue...

    On April 28th I heard some news. I waited to post it.

    THIS DAY HAS ARRIVED. It is official. I got the call about 1:30 PM today. My nephew Dwayne plans to retire from the NFL.

    The NFL Draft was over the weekend. The TN Titans drafted another Tight End.  Dwayne was upset. In most cases Draftees are very highly favorite over Free Agents.

    Dwayne does not want to fight for beginning a Tight End. It is like "Here we go again." Dwayne has been through this before.

    When Dwayne was on the practice squad with the Titans in 2003 /2004 season, he beat out the Draftee. Dwayne was last person that TN cut from the team on the very last day of cutting day.

    The Titan Coach admitted that Dwayne beat the Tight End Draftee out. I see that there was no room for Dwayne. It appeared that Dwayne was left out in the cold. The Atlanta Falcons claimed him.

    Dwayne played with them for 4 years. I signed with TN. But recently decided to retire. He wanted to retire last year. He hang in there one more year.

    I do thank the Kansas City Chiefs for allowing Dwayne to get his foot in the door of the NFL. I do thank TN Titans for acknowledging that

    I thank The Atlanta Falcons for allowing Dwayne to be apart of their team. I thank God for allowing Dwayne to live out his dream in the NFL.

    There came a time in Dwayne's life that he heard the news that he could not be able to play football again. He had a MU injury in the late 1990's.

    Dwayne was a walking witness before those who knew what kind of injury he had. God is good.

    Now, football is not the same. I have no more stress about watching football. I am not for any NFL team. I am a free from the game.

    I did learn a great deal in how the NFL works. The NFL is a business. It's who you know. Who knows who.

    So as Dwayne retires I am not apart of the NFL family. I am a former family member of the NFL. I don't know how that works.  I am not for no team.

    I thank God for allowing Dwayne to play in the NFL. God made a way for Dwayne to live out his dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...