Thursday, March 20, 2014

Reflections: On Maunday Thursday / Holy Thursday

Thursday, 20 March 2008

  • Reflections: On Maunday Thursday / Holy Thursday

    Prayer Before Holy Communion : John 6:41Almighty God, we give you thanks that you have give your Son, not only to die for us, but to be our spiritual food and sustenance in the holy sacrament of his body and blood.

    Teach us to consider the dignity of that holy mystery, and so to search and examine our consciences, that we may come holy and clean to such a heavenly feast, in the marriage garment your Scriptures require. Amen. Thomas Cotterill (1779-1823

    Symbols of Worship: Bread and Cup
    The bread and the cup are the primary Christian symbols of the body and blood of Christ. The bread also represents God's provision for his people (Exodus 16:4,15; John 6:35) . In the Old Testament, the cup occasionally symbolized salvation (Psalm 116:13) and wrath (Isaiah 51:17; Jeremiah 25:15).

    In Gethsemane, Jesus asked his Father to remove the cup of suffering from him (Matthew 26:39; Mark 14:36; Luke 22:42). Jesus used bread as a token of his body as he shared the Last Super with the disciples (Matthew 26:26; Mark 14:22; Luke 22:19);

    The cup, or chalice, is the vessel from which the  wine of the Lord's Table was drunk. Christ declared the wine to be his blood, which was poured out for many to seal the covenant between God and his people (Mark 12:23-24). Together the break and cup portray redemption.

    Above Source: Praise and Worship Study Bible NLT

    On My Journey of Transformation:
    King's HIGHWAY: On the Road to Calvary
    With DISTRESS, SORROWANGONY, LONELENESS, Share his disappointment when he says, Do you betray the Son of Man with a kiss?
    Lord, Your own friend turned on You. That sounds terrible. Your friend sold You out for money. Friendship is worth more than money nor can it be bought. What a big disappointment to see a trustworthy friend turn his back on You.

    Jesus, I have been aware that disappointments comes into our lives. It is a necessary thing that we must go through. Things don't come out the way that we have planned.

    Being disappointed can lead to distrust in relationships. How to trust some one who be friend you? Building back up on what had fallen. Where do we start?

    O Father God, I can see that disappointment is a part of life. We cannot always have what we want. I have had many many disappointments in my life time.

    Help me to continue to not put my hope in people or in what I am doing. This leads to more disappointments in my life. Teach me to expect the best of others.

    I have to lighten up on what my expectation on others might be. I have a sense on how some friends will react. Then there is others that may surprise me when I am blind sided.

    Show me and others how to see with the eyes of discernment that disappointment will not be as bad as it seems. Guide us to rebuild on what we have been disappointed about.  Grant us the will to forgive and forget what others do to us.

    Father God, I am thankful that while I am disappointed, God is with me. I am thankful that I can get back up over disappointment. I am thankful that I can learn and grow from disappointments in life in Jesus' name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...