Friday, March 21, 2014

Holy Friday

Friday, 21 March 2008

  • Holy Friday

    scan0032  Good Friday / A Very Holy Friday / Sabbath Rest At Sundown / 39th Day of Lent: 81st Day of the Year / Arrived At Calvary / Enter Into This Weekend

    From the Word of GodNow I will relieve your shoulders of its burden; I will free your hands from their heavy tasks. NLT Psalm 81:6

    Then Jesus shouted, “Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands!” And with those words he breathed his last. NLT Luke 23:46

    Dear Father, please teach me, Your child, to pray in the words Jesus uttered on the cross--Scott Walker

    Good Friday Prayer: Luke 23:53Father Everlasting, who has given us the fellowship of your Son, Jesus Christ, be near us in this hour of solemn meditation. May our heart be open to every hold affection and ready to receive and cherish every sacred memory and sacred impression.

    Impress on us the power of death that this day commemorates, Let a portion of the Spirit that led our Savior to the cross descend upon us and fill our heart with love for you and our fellow humans, Here and now may every selfish passion and desire be quieted, and may the peace, that passes all understanding keep our heart and mind in Jesus Christ. Amen. Adapted from a traditional prayer.

    Above Good Friday prayer source
    :
    Praise and Worship Study Bible NLT

    From: Your Higher Calling
    Your eye is a lamp for your body. A pure eye lets sunshine into your soul. NLT  Matthew 6:22
    My "eye" is the way in which I perceive myself and the situations in my life. When my eye is focused on God and on the positive aspects of life, I open myself--mind, body, heart, and soul---to the indwelling light of God. By seeing circumstances with a positive eye, I can and do experience unlimited blessings.

    Today, I choose to focus my eye on my health and on the many ways in which divine light works within my body. I see my body as a spiritual temple, filled with the light of God and infused with vitality, energy, and strength

    I visualize divine healing light moving in and through every cell, tissue, organ, and system. With this focus, I maintain a positive outlook and have faith that lasting health is mine.

    The light of God is always has been at work within me, and I am so grateful for this truth. I know that God's light is a powerful force of renewal and strength that is always available to me. I know too, that as I focus my eye--my faith, my thoughts, my perceptions--on God, I allow this powerful healing light to work in and through me, and I am blessed.

    Confession from the booklet:I focus my spiritual eye on the healing light of God within, and I feel peaceful, strong, and whole.

    On My Journey of Transformation: My Higher Calling

    Focus is an important thing to do. That one thing attitude about what is the main thing in life. May we come up higher. May God allow us to see things more clearly. May we focus on the importance of life. May the light of God guide us with strength in what we should do.
    On My Journey of Transformation:
    King's HIGHWAY: On the Road to Calvary
    I am still on the journey. I am at Calvary. The Day of Crucifixion and Burial is at hand.

    I have not been feeling good through out this week. I have been coughing and coughing up stuff. My nose has been running. It hurts when I cough. But I am an overcomer.

    I don't know how many times I have seen The Passion of The Christ since last Saturday. I watched bits and pieces of the movie while my stay in the Upper Room this week. I tried to watch the whole movie at home on Thursday. I watched it again on Friday morning in the Upper Room.

    How real this event was. The passion that I see in The Christ. As I was reading scriptures Jesus showed compassion and was caring even to His last breath of Life on the Cross. We have a glorious King Jesus.
    From my Book of Thanks and Blessing:
    I am thankful for Good Friday. I am thankful that there is a Door of HOPE that brings SALVATION to those who call upon the name of Jesus to be saved. I am thankful that FAITH is what we need to do business with God.

    I am thankful for the LOVE that God pours out to us in our times of need. I am thankful that DISCERNMENT is the spirit that guides my way. I am thankful for my holy temple that God entrust me with.

    People may think they are doing what is right, but the LORD examines the heart. NLT Proverbs 21:2

    Meditation Scriptures On The Holy Week:
    The Burial according to John 19:38-42
    John brings more out into the light of this account. Joseph of Arimathea was a secret disciple of Jesus. Joseph feared the Jewish leaders.  Joseph claimed Jesus' body.

    Pilate gave Joseph permission to take Jesus' body off the cross. Nicodemus came bringing about 75 pounds of embalming ointment made from myrrh and aloes.

    Together Joseph and Nicodemus wrapped Jesus' body in a long linen cloth with the spices. That was the Jewish custom of burial. The place of crucifixion was near by. There was a garden tomb.

    It was Friday, preparation day before the Passover. The tomb was close by so they laid Jesus there. This tomb was new and never been used. There were guard stationed there.

    Last Scriptures Meditation:
    Holy Saturday according to Luke 23:56
    I will post my Reflections: On Good Friday / Holy Friday on Saturday

    What Special Day Is This?Over 2000 years ago the earth shook. Jesus Died on the Cross. It was a Good Friday. This is the Weekend Christians Celebrate. So Enter Into The mystery.

    What Other Special Day Is This?
    Flower Day / Full Moon Day / Single Parent Day 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...