Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Reflections: On Holy Wednesday

Wednesday, 19 March 2008

  • Reflections: On Holy Wednesday

    A Prayer for Sharing in Christ Suffering: John 19:1-3Lord God Almighty, I thank you today for the privilege of being counted among those who have testified of you with their lives, of sharing the cup of suffering that Christ drank; and or rising again to life everlasting with him, in body and soul, and in the immortality of the Holy Spirit. Amen. Polycarp (second century)

    On My Journey of Transformation:
    Kings' HIGHWAY: On the Road to Calvary
    With DISTRESS, SORROW, and ANGONY, Share his loneliness when he says, Could you to watch with me one hour?
    O Lord, my imagination cannot begin to ponder what You felt like in the Garden of Gethesmane. It was a battle for You. You asked Your disciples to pray with You for an hour. You found them sleeping. What a let down.

    The pressure that must have been on You. You were asking for Your disciples to pray with You for an hour.  Hoping that the people close to You would be able to help in Your hour of need. How hurt You must have felt.

    Loneliness can bring isolation and withdrawal from the people who are around us. The emptiness inside leaves a avoid. The thought----Does anybody care?  Do they really care, Lord?

    Lord Jesus,
    There are times in my life, I have faced loneliness. There had been situations in my life that appeared to be as though nobody cared. What was I to do? 

    I can be in a crowd of people and still be lonely. I don't know how many times, I have felt loneliness. But God, You always are with me.

    Those lonely times when I am not acknowledged or heard from by people. Others choose friends who are their "but buddies". This leaves loneliness and the feeling of being left out because I am not like them.

    Do people care enough to do what is ask of them? Do what we go through have any value toward one another? Should what we go through be someone else's concerns?

    O Father God, How important is it to believe that we are cared for by others? Our hurts and pain should be others concerns. Show us to see the concerns of others.

    Help us to see, and not to put our eyes on our own needs. Teach us to look out for the interest of others. Use us to minister to one another.

    When there is an emptiness inside of me there is something missing. Fill that avoid with Your goodness. Lord, I believe that You care for me.  Amen.
    I am thankful the I can never say that I am alone. Jesus is with me 24/7. I am thankful that prayer is a good weapon to use before the battle is fought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...