Tuesday, November 5, 2013

God With Me

Reflections: Sunday, 28 October 2007

  • God With Me

    A friend ask me this question--

    Was there EVER in your Christian walk when you thought for a second or a minute or even a day when God wasn't there for you?? 

  • I have never thought of this before. I have been thinking about this question. As I have been looking back over my Christian walk, here is some of my thoughts.

    I have been on this journey with the LORD for 14 years. I cannot recall thinking that Jesus has not be there for me. The thought haven't cross my thinking.

    There have been some tough times in my life to where I was drawn deeper to speak to the LORD. But doubting that He was not there was not the issue. I have been talking to God for a long. Well before I got into a REAL relationship with Him 14 years ago.

    I started talking to God in my 20's. That has been over 20 years ago. There were many times in my life when I was in need of things to happen in my life.

    I prayed to God during those times. What I did, became a habit. I always thought that God heard me even though I did not hear or have a rely to what I asked Him about. But I keep having talking to Him.

    Here is an example: This happened about a few years after I got saved. When I was in a lot of pain at nights and could not sleep in my bed, I would talk to God. I recall one time that I said Lord, I know that You are not causing this pain. You would not do this to me. You love me.

    Through all this pain, I gain more of God in my life view. I try not to let what I was going through, get to me. As long as kept talking to God, I keep going. I didn't know what was causing this pains in my life, but I keep talking to God.

    About 10 or 11 years before I became a Christian, there were times when I heard replies. A Voice that guided me to do some things. Then from these experiences, this guidance draw me deeper into things that led me deeper into the things of God.

    If you are in Christ, remember that God is with you when you don't think so or feel His presence. May you continue on in your journey. Keep believing that He will show up along your path of life. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

    Peace to You,
    "Susie" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...