Thursday, August 22, 2013

Why Do People Use People?

Thursday, 20 October 2011

  • Why Do People Use People?

    I don't recall when this question came to my thinking. Perhaps I felt used by someone to do something. We can use people and people can use us for our own gain. We should watch our motives in doing things.

    There are times on facebook or twitter I see a lot of that going on. It's sad. At times I think I do it. I don't want to use people in a way that I can gain things.

    I can say I knew someone who was in the NFL. I got to see him play and so forth.  I don't use that to get in good with people. Nor do I want others to think less of me. I must be lucky.

    We should respect one another. Especially when we blog or use the internet. I don't want to embarrass any one. I think others don't either.

    I don't know why people use people. Perhaps  it's because we want to be known. People can say that they went to dinner with a well known person. Or I talk with a famous preacher who's on T.V.

    We forget about the little things in life. We seem to what to have contact with the well known or popular people in the crowd. We forget about the people who are there. But we seem to over look them.

    What about the person who's a the check out counter? How about the person who opened the door for you? What about person at the doctor's office who wanted to carry on a conversation? Or was it, we don't know them. Or they can't do anything for me.

    Well, what if that person at the check out counter happened to be the owner of the store who traded people with a worker? What if that person who opened the door for you was Joyce Meyers? What if that person in the doctors office was Rev. Billy Graham? I think our attitude would change.

    We can say, guess who was at the check out counter? Or Joyce Meyers opened the door for me. Or I talked with Rev Billy Graham, today. We love to share these stories with people. Or are we using people to share things?

    We can go over board if we don't have control over things. We have to learn as we go about life. There are people who keep  using people. This can bring on strife. I've seem people go from one person to the other getting things.

    I pray that we don't use people for our gain. I hope that we can see the harm in using people. I pray that things can turn around when this happens.

    May God help us to be kind to all who cross our path. May we have wisdom to share what we know about people. May the LORD guide us in what we do. Amen.

    Thanks for reading.Why Do People Use People?
    Staying On The Journey,
    Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...