Sunday, August 18, 2013

Some of My Pondering: The Believer

Sunday, 27 January 2008

  • Some of My Pondering: The Believer

    On my journey of transformationLately, I have been thinking about my Christian walk. Some how I have been pointing my way back to How was I drawn to God? For some reason that has been on my heart. May God answer my desire on how I was drawn to Him.

    This year is a new beginning for me. I cannot explain it in words. There is some things so different about this year. I have sense more of changes during the past two weeks.

    I remember during my early Christian years, I always wanted to know more about GOD. I mean... I believe that there was more for me to know about Him. And I wanted to find it out.

    I recall one night in 1994, I was up late. I was talking with God. I don't recall how long I was up that night. But I was needing to go to sleep . So I ask God a question. I ask Him; Was I talking to Him too much?

    I was not expecting God to answer me. But you know I believe that He did in some way. This is what spontaneously came into my spirit. "You are spiritual growing like a wild flower in the wilderness." After I received this, I cracked up and starting laughing. I said "OK! I will go to sleep."

    Those words that come to me that night, stuck with me. I did go through some things back in  the years of late 1993 - 1999. Things that I did not know what they were. Spiritually, I was growing...

    My dependence was on God and God alone. As I look back on this, my foundation had to been rooted in God. Something was trying to shake me. And shake me loose....bringing fear into my Christian life.

    Some of the things that I went through, God was the only one who could have brought me through. I had questions. I asked some people around me. I shared some of the things that I went through. I wondered about. Some who I ask.... could not answer what I ask them. 

    But through the years, I am finding out some of those questions that I have been pondering. Still I have other questions that I am seeking. I believe I have come along ways in my Christian journey.

    I may or may not find the answers to my questions. I don't need to know everything. I am curious about some things. 

    Since I got hooked up with The Church by joining, more questions are being answered. I can say I am in "The Church years." I mean, at one point I was not a member of a church.

    I ask someone a question. Could a person believe in Jesus and not be connected with a Church--- the person was drawn from Church and did not attend?
    The person that I ask could not answer my question. I believe that a person can receive Jesus as Lord and Savior outside of Church. I believe that that was my case.

    I believe that I was saved but did not attend Church. I was drawn away from Church. But sought after GOD. I had fear about going to church so to speak. There was something there that draw me away.

    About 10 years before I started going to Church, there came a time while in my bedroom, I confessed and I believed on Jesus. He is the Son of God. He died on the CROSS and so forth. I was not drawn to the Church. Perhaps that is why I have this desire to find out How was I drawn to God?

    Sunday Church gathering....
    I am learning more of "What Does It Means To Be A Christian?" through Pastor Brian Zahnd's series: His message on The Believer.... What must Christians believe?

    I did not hear about Apostle's Creed unto I started going to Church at Word of Life. In the past years I have come more aware of this creed. I believe that I am getting deeper into my Christian journey.

    I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I am standing on what I believe through revelation from God, the Father. This is my creed that is what I believe.

    Here is the Apostles' Creed. (There are other versions.)
    I believe in God, the Father almighty, 
    creator of heaven and earth. 
    I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, our Lord, 
    who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, 
    born of the virgin Mary, 
    suffered under Pontius Pilate, 
    was crucified, died, and was buried; 

    He descended to the dead. 
    On the third day he rose again; 
    He ascended into heaven, 
    He is seated at the right hand of the Father, 
    and He will come again to judge the living and the dead. 
    I believe in the Holy Spirit, 
    the Holy Christian church, 
    the communion of saints, 
    the forgiveness of sins, 
    the resurrection of the body, 
    and the life everlasting.
    AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...