Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remembering 9/11

     Note: 11 September 2011

  • Remembering 9/11

    Remembrance Of THAT Day In 2001

    This is a repost of a blog about 9 /11. That day was on September 11, 2007.

    I woke up on THAT morning as I normally did on any morning. I had my morning devotional. My time with God. About 7:30 AM , I was in the process in going to watch Sister Joyce Meyer followed by Pastor Cleflo Dollar. But something within me said to pray some more.

    So I did what I thought what the Spirit of God was leading me to do. I did not know what to pray. I started praying in the Spirit. Then I prayed with the understanding. I felt PEACEFUL after my prayer time.

    During this time in my life, I just had my 2nd dose of chemo for Lupus on September 4, 2001. I was feeling a whole lot better. I believe that things were going to change. A new beginning was at hand. I recall Pastor Brian [Zahnd] words... "It's no ordinary day..."

    Also we were have special guest at Word of Life Church on that Friday Night, September 14. Pastor Brian Houston and Hillsong were coming. I was in the choir during that time. The choir was ask to be a part of worship that night. I was so excited. I was preparing for the praise and worship by learning my songs.

    But on THAT Tuesday morning, it was different. After I had done my prayer for THAT morning, I went about cooking for the day. I cannot recall the time but one of my brothers was wanting me to come and look at the T.V.

    I hesitated in going but I made my way and glance at the set. Without thinking about what my brother was trying to show me I went back to my work. Then after that for some reason I was in the praying mood. What I saw on T.V. was a big building that appeared to be on fire.

    Then as time passed by. I came back to watch what my brother was trying tell me. I looked at the T.V. and saw WHAT was happening. I said O MY GOD!!! I could not believe what I was looking at. It looked like a stage set out of a major motion picture.

    My sister, Mary called and filled me in on what was going on. I could not believe it. My mind was at a lost. I did not know what to do. But to watch what was going on and pray some more. O GOD!

    Then something strange was starting to happen to me as I continue to watch what was unfolding on T.V. I cannot explain it. I could not listen to the words that I was hearing on T.V.

    It brought a very heavy spirit upon me as I would hear what was going on. So I turned down the sound and read the close caption. I watched in AWE of what was unfolding before my eyes.

    I had worry come upon me. Great FEAR..... I witness the falling of the last building on T.V. My heart with out to GOD for the lives that were in that building as I was praying. We as a nation was in a WAR.

    I had FEAR every time that I would hear the news of what had happened. But when I did not hear the Newscasters speak, I would have peace beyond my understanding. Joy unspeakable. By all means, I was not happy that what had happened. It's was as thought I needed this PEACE from God to get through this time in my life.

    It's like that scripture in Psalm, there God gave me more gladness place upon me during time of the most horrible times in United States History: The 9/11 attack in United States. The day that changed America. Our nation came together...

    I did not know what was going on during this time in our American History. I did not watch the News that much on 9/11 because when I did there was FEAR or heaviness that came upon me. I could not explain.

    It was not until a few years ago that I have learned more about what happened on the tragic day. I did not know how many planes there were. The one that caught my attention was Flight 93. Every time when I saw a flag with 93 encircled by stars, I think of my salvation.

    It's been actually six years since that attack. Each year the ones that slain by this attack are remembered. I heard so many stories. Some people shared how they escaped. There was someone who lead a group of people in the dark. This person said he had no idea who he lead them. I believe that the Spirit of God lead them out. Some people who were told to stay walk off their jobs.

    Then there were some who were suppose to have been at work on that day, but were delayed in getting there. A little girl wanted her Daddy to take her to Mc Donald's for breakfast. She never ask her Daddy that before.

    God even use some of His people to pray. There were some who has concern over some people in New York the night before. I heard Pastor Cleflo Dollar speak of what he was doing the night before. I woke up the on that morning not knowing that was going on and was lead to pray.

    There were many lives lost that day. Many are in heaven with Jesus. Others bodies were never recovered. Some people are still tormented by what happened. The lives of the loved ones left behind will never be the same.

    I pray that we will be in unity as we go about this day forward. Life is so important. Life if priceless. Life is a gift from God. We tend to take others for granted at times. Let be not so. May we see others as one of God's creation. Help us, LORD.

    Father God, I thank You for the gift of life. Teach us to spent our lives well. Help us to be in tune with You. Show us the path in which we should take. You know our destiny, where we will end up.
    Grant salvation to the lost. Bring them into the saving knowledge of Jesus. Guide us all into that plan that You have for us. Lead us in that direction day by day in Jesus' Name Amen!
    --------------------------

    Thanks for reading.
    Remembering 9/11

    Stay On The Journey,
    Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...