Friday, March 21, 2014

Reflections: On Good Friday / Holy Friday

Friday, 21 March 2008

  • Reflections: On Good Friday / Holy Friday

    Here are some of my thoughts: Post on Saturday
    A Prayer For Taking Up Our Cross Luke 14:27Almighty God, whose Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ, was lifted high upon the cross that he might draw the whole world to himself: Mercifully grant that we, who rejoice in the mystery of  our salvation, may have the grace to take up our cross and follow him, who reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, in glory everlasting. Amen. Adapted from the Book of Common Prayer

    With DISTRESS, SORROW, AGONY, LONELINESS, DISAPPOINTMENT, Share his CONFUSION when he cries, My God, My God why have you forsaken me!

    On My Journey to Transformation:
    King's HIGHWAY On the Road to Calvary
    O My God, what's there when we have no sense of what is going on in life? Life seems to be at a lost. The thought of You forgetting that Father God forgot all about You. I cannot express the words. I would be lost if I was forsaken.

    O Father God, How Jesus must have thought that You abandon Him on the cross. Jesus' mind was so confused. How the mind can play tricks on us.

    Lord there were many watching on those hours of Your sorrow. They did not forget You. The loyal ones where with You until the end. They were with You. You were not forsaken.

    Lord, there have been times in my life when I did not know what was what. The devil put things in to my thoughts. Things that did not make sense. I at times thought that I was forsaken.

    There are many things that come into my thinking. I have to determine where it comes from.  The mind does play tricks on us.

    I recall a vision that I saw while in an altar call in church. I had my head bowed down and eyes closed. I saw a figure with arms stretch out. I could not see this person's face. The head was bowed down.

    I saw something on this person's head. I could not make it out. As my eyes with farther down, I saw something on the side of this person's body. Something forced my head down. I realized what I was looking at. It was a pieced side.

    Thank You, Lord, for the suffering that You went through on the cross. Thank You for the vision of You on the cross. There is a purpose for all that we go through. It may seem that we are forsaken.
    I am thankful that Jesus for stood all that was put on Him. I am thankful that God did not step in. I am thankful for Good Friday. The start of a new beginning.

    Symbols of Worship: NailsIn many artistic of Christ's Passion, nails are included as symbols of the Savior's suffering. Other such symbols include the crown of thorns, thirty pieces of silver or a bag of coins, a lantern, vinegar and gall, a rooster, dice, a seamless robe, a hyssop branch, a ladder, a lance, and a hammer. Until the late Middle Ages, four nails were usually drawn. By the thirteenth century, however, Western artists began to depict the crucified Savior with one foot placed over the other and pierced with a single nail, so three nails were typically drawn

    Source: Praise and Worship Study Bible NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...