Monday, December 13, 2010

Journaling Assignment: Gifts Anyone? Part 1

I was out on a mission to explore and discover the gifts that God has blessed me with. I had some help from some of my family members and some friends. There were about 39 people who responded to my request. I'm thankful for those who replied and shared some things with me.

I was surprised by what some shared. What all shared was uplifting. Some saw more things in me than I didn't. There were somethings people shared did enlighten my spirit.

There were a lot of encouraging words spoken about me. As I was doing this assignment, I had a mind set... I thought to myself, What are my gifts and talents?  I saw some of what people shared with me.

In all this assignment was very interesting.  I was blessed by what others shared with me. There were about 8 people who answered what I requested of them. There were about 22 who added something about themselves or spoke of something that caught my attention. There were about 9 who either spoke blessings into my life or added more about what they were saying to me.

Two people shared these scriptures

Ecclesiastic 6:16
A faithful friend is the medicine of life.

Proverb 18:24
A man that  has friends much show himself friendly; and there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. AKJV.

Here's a few I thought to share...

One person said... I hope I'm not too late on my feedback. I see as one of your unique abilities: to look around you and see the beauty of nature. I see your abilities to see the positive in everyone.

You are an intelligent, sensitive, strong woman whom I admire. You can explore, your genealogy like a detective and I can't even imagine how you do it. You are extremely articulate and I enjoy your writing.

Another person said..." You are full of the joy of the Lord and His peace, is evident in all you do. You use those gifts when you greet and bring such a sweetness to that role.  There are people that come through the doors of the church, parched from the winds of adversity, and your gentle spirit and kind words are like oil, that soothes their wounded souls.

I have know you for years and I have never heard you speak unkindly, your word are always seasoned with loved.  You are an exhorter and it is obvious in your posts on Facebook. You are like a morter. You smooth the gaps between the "bricks', Bring great strength to the body, You are deeply loved, because you love. "

Another person said..."I see you as a devoted diligent and detailed. You are devoted to your family, friends and web acquaintances. You are diligent to post your heart daily and in those posts you are detailed. I don't think I've ever seen any negativity, only what uplifts and I personally appreciate that."

Another person said:  I want to be concrete, but see your strengths more in a spiritual, philosophical, thinking way--hope this will help.

I think your unique ability is to take ordinary or neglected spiritual disciplines and bring them to life for your readers. It is combination of writing and analyzing talent.

I think you are passionate about 'honest' faith-- not through rose colored glasses--maybe realistic. You can be counted on to accept responsibility for your obligations and be honest when they don't go exactly the way you desire.

I think you are very transparently spiritual--no fluff. I find myself writing honest and spiritual in answering your questions. You do have a very interesting writing style and making mundane spiritual activities interesting to read about."

Another person said..."A unique gift of God speaking to you  to reach out to brothers and sisters in Christ to bring an uplifting Word just at the right time. Its an unseen gift that glorifies God in the Spiritual realms where the praise of it is not heard by human ears but heard by all the hosts and angels."

Another  person said.." You are kind, thoughtful, and dependable. And good with details. Don't underestimate that! We humans tend not to give much value to those traits that are easy and natural for us, but we need to remember they may not come naturally for others, and others value them highly. I know that we ourselves do not often recognize the qualities that we have.

Another person said..."My immediate impression of you is your constancy. You have a presence of calm and a steady approach to life and its challenge. Every single time we meet, I see an inner radiance that I believe is related to your faith and is evidence by your enduring passion to help others.

You have the gift of being a true listener - you really hear what is said to you so the person talking to you feels that you genuinely care about what they are sharing. In an increasingly busy, and sometimes impersonal world, we need more individuals with your skills to bring back what is the essential, caring part of being human."

Another person said...The unique quality that I see in you is faithfulness. You have the ability to do everything in an excellent manner whatever direction you are being asked to go.
Because of your faithfulness you are a woman of your word and can be counted on to always do what is required of you and to be there on time with a cheerful attitude.

You walk in a quality of Peace and I have never seen you out of sorts, consistent behavior. I know that we do not often recognize the qualities that we have. Thanks for asking me, this has been my observation of you through the years I have known you,

May God's blessing be upon you in everything you undertake to do this day and all the days ahead. Have a Blessed Holiday Season as we celebrate the birth of the One who we love and have given our lives for...

Thanks all for your help in this journal assignment : Gifts Anyone?

Here are some things that I thought were interesting to share with you... Where are a few things I think, I'm gifted in and things I do...

I see that I do have a good memory for dates and birthdays etc. There are times I forget. Thank God for calendar.

I see that I tend to be quiet and listen to what people are saying.
There are times when I don't know what to say...so I listen.

I see that I'm compassionate about God, Jesus, His people, His church. I can't remember when I drew more compassionate to Jesus. I want to know more about Him.

I see that I like to dress nice. I was taught that we should look nice when we go places. Especially to church related events.

I see that I try to look at the best of others. As my parents would say...treat others nice.

I see that I'm a care giver. I see that I have the heart to help others...There are times when I know I need to step back and learn to be a care giver to my own needs.

I see that I have some artist abilities. In my early years I love to draw. I see that I still have an eye for creative things. I observe nature while I'm out.

I love searching for my family history. I journaling a lot about what I find on my journey.
I like to journal. I journal just about every day. I have varies topics and ideas that come to me to share on my websites.

I'm thankful for what my family member and friends share. What's most important is what God says about me. I see what God has been saying to me is what some of what my family members and friends are sharing with me.

I know that we are not perfect. But if we see the best in others, we can move on with the strengths in our lives. What we are weak in, others can come and help us fill in the gap.

This has been an empowering assignment.
I put some time in doing this one.
Thanks for reading!

Moving on to the next assignment...
Staying On The Journaling Journey,
Susan

2 comments:

  1. I also found this type of assignment empowering in my own life Susan. It is like getting big huge dose of love, but in written form so you can go back and read anytime. Great job my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Crystal! Yes, I can go back and re read this assignment at anytime...I'm thankful for the people who helped me out on this assignment too.

    ReplyDelete

Personality Traits

  Be Thankful for God Given Personality Traits Posted on   March 25, 2017   by   S usan Ann Blakley Our God- given personality traits can be...